water cooling... - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > water cooling...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #11
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: water cooling...

Some older AMD don't remember exactly. It's cool under normal load but spikes up to 90 and sometimes shortly over 100 if playing sth. Fitted the Arctic a few years ago IIRC.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 02:45 PM   #12
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

yeah i'd give everything a good blow down and take it off and re apply some new thermal paste.. its only really good for a couple years, then it loses it's thermal conductivity. the chip should never really be at 100.. like that when it's supposed to shut down lol
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #13
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I'm in the middle of a custom build myself. I'll get better pics once I get it finished. But I started with my Dell XPS 8910 i7-6700 that needed upgraded graphics, and the RX 480 I bought needs more power than the stock PSU could provide.

So it was either replace with a modular, or get a different case to accomodate the Thermaltake 850w I had left from a previous build, and modify that to remove all the power rails I wasn't using.

But the Thermaltake wouldn't fit in the Dell case with all it's non-modular spaghetti, so I ordered a DIYPC Cuboid Green case.

Long story short, everything is together and running, I added a Corsair H100i v2 water cooler to the CPU and everything is plugging along great, now it's time to do more modding.

I run the system off a 256gb M.2 on the mobo, with a 512GB Samsung 850 PRO 2.5 SSD as a 2ndary drive. I don't like cable runs, so I intend to remove the Samsung from it's shell (it literally takes up less than half of the case it's in), mount it on a bracket right next to the mobo, and use a stubby Sata cable to connect it.

I scored an XFX modular at work that they tossed because it was missing cables and couldnt be tested. I'm ordering the necessary cable from ebay so I can test it, and if it works, I'll get custom cables from MODDIY afterwards. I only need 4 cables. Main mobo power, 4pin mobo power, 6pin GPU power, and one Sata power rail to feed my 2.5 and a couple internal hubs/fan controllers.

Overall I realize it doesn't sound particularly impressive of a build, I'm not overclocking anything, it's mostly aesthetics. But it should look pretty spectacular once it's done.

I need to get a couple more fans with green LED's, a few green LED strips, and then I need more ram (stock was 1x16GB, I need to order a 2x16GB kit) so I'd like to get some RGB ram for another visual touch. I'm also ordering a Sabrent USB3.0 internal hub, as well as a fan/usb/sata power combo hub since my Dell mobo has limited connections, and my case has more provisions than the mobo provides. Nice clean way to be able to hook everything up.

Here's a couple shitty pics to get an idea what it looks like now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54514280_1207747936059804_7054445468276752384_n.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	104226   Click image for larger version

Name:	54729640_639569179836860_2068588470321807360_n.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	104228  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #14
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Are these for Guided Missle systems or playing video games?

And I looked and behold a pale horse. And the rider's name was Death.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #15
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Sadly it's for browsing Facebook, Custom Fighters, and watching exuberant amounts of tv.....With an occasional hour of World of Warships, Star Trek Online, or Star Wars The Old Republic
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #16
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

nice.. looks like a decent rig 6700 and a 480 can play a lot of stuff..

i mean up until december i was running a e8400 and a 560TI... so.. you dont have it that badhaha

dont see horizontal boards often looks cool.. i get a lot of case envy now..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #17
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwiz View Post
Are these for Guided Missle systems or playing video games?
i havent played a single game since putting it together.. maybe one round of apex lol
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-22-2019, 12:24 AM   #18
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
nice.. looks like a decent rig 6700 and a 480 can play a lot of stuff..

i mean up until december i was running a e8400 and a 560TI... so.. you dont have it that badhaha

dont see horizontal boards often looks cool.. i get a lot of case envy now..
My last rig was an Asus M4A78T-E, Phenom II X4 820, 8gb corsair ddr3, xfx hd7750....until 2 years ago when I got this Dell. I didn't NEED to upgrade when I did, because the games I mentioned above played just fine (at least STO and SWTOR did, I wasn't play Warships yet), etc. Only upgraded because I got the Dell for a damn steal still under warranty.

So then I got the Dell, moved my media drives over with the HD7750, then I got the RX480 and an 8TB MyCloud, moved all my stored stuff to the MyCloud (which I regularly backup to a 10tb local external, because I know better lol), and now I'm going a little nuts with upgrades and custom work just to have a little fun.

As for the horizontal layout, when I was looking for a case I didn't really care if it was vertical or horizontal, but I wanted something somewhat compact, and not quite the standard layout. So I started looking at cube cases that I could fit my existing mobo into, and then I came across the DIYPC Cuboid, and managed to score this one for 25 on ebay, brand new in box, and it just sealed the deal. Realistically, the case is the same size as the original XPS 8910 case, just a bit wider because of the horizontal orientation. And because the PSU is underneath, when I get my custom cables made, management will be the absolute easiest shit possible because they'll be so short all they'll have to do is just come from the PSU, up and over to the edge of the mobo, and the only thing that will have a "long" run will be the 4-pin power that runs along the edge to the "top" of the mobo. Mobo main power, GPU power, and the stripped out SSD mounted near the Sata port will keep those cables needing to only be a few inches long.

Right now I've got the case cables mostly "tucked" under the mobo and coming out from under the edge where they connect, but I may just loom them and let them float right above the edge of the board, exiting the loom at their connections. I don't mind if a couple cable runs can be seen, because they'll be more like framework at the outer edges and not just run all over the case willy nilly.

I can't wait to finish this and get much better pics. Maybe by then I'll have more room and money to start working on the fucking bikes again
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #19
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Very sweet set up, The next computer that I put together will definitely be a full home brew case with a car radiator / fan as one side. Should sound like a jet plane next to me at full tilt (hopefully it never gets that hot).

I like your adapters to mate the rad to the water cooling system. As for the reservoir, you shouldn't need it. The car radiator holds more liquid that is necessary in the system. (That is unless the reservoir and pump aren't one piece.)
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 10:48 PM   #20
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

thanks.. im still planning on running fans... you can buy big 140mm fans.. running 10 of them.. they're like 25 DB so... should still be rather quiet.

as for the res.. yeah its a res/pump combo.. so.. yeah kinda stuck with it.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters