Direct mount reservoir - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension

Brakes and Suspension Anything to do with fabricating and modifying brakes and suspension goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Direct mount reservoir

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 02:29 AM   #11
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Direct mount reservoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auser6guy View Post
Thatíd be awesome thanks! Maybe upload as an attachment so others can see it in the future too? Is there anything special about venting? I take it you used an expansion diaphragm off another tank?

Ive found some chinesium brake and clutch perches with master cylinders and integrated reservoirs for 25% of the price of a single tank. These things are ridiculously over priced for what they are
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202691714030
tried putting venting holes in the lids with foam or thin rubber underneath, made them no better or worse, ally pot with a solid lid

i'll dig out drawing
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #12
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 02:42 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
i can supply a drawing if wanted
Gentleman Yantosh!
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 06:00 AM   #13
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I'm of the opinion that those are *way* too high

I don't have a good picture of the one I have on hand, but here's something

it's a 40mm AEM tank on a Brembo RCS. of course, it was way too expensive.
The RCS has the port on the side and so it sits even lower?
Ideally I’d have that, Its exactly what i want. Ill settle for having a direct mount and no bracket and no leaks.

I found chinesium AEM reproductions if anyone wants to try em
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192925884600

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 10:41 AM   #14
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:42 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Yes, it's on the side, but there's also no hose: the nipple that's supposed to go to a hose slips into a fitting on the bottom of the reservoir.

That one isn't what I have - there's no nipple on my reservoir.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...5ULsyi_XWeoO7A or https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Unive...UAAOSwawtbUn13 isn't quite what I have but it's closer

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 04:11 PM   #15
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Yes, it's on the side, but there's also no hose: the nipple that's supposed to go to a hose slips into a fitting on the bottom of the reservoir.

That one isn't what I have - there's no nipple on my reservoir.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...5ULsyi_XWeoO7A or https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Unive...UAAOSwawtbUn13 isn't quite what I have but it's closer
I think I get it. I dont think Iíd chance that it wouldnít leek on those eBay ones. The aem clutch master direct mount would be closest to perfect ive seen. Small, titanium(I saved o.5gms it feels faster ) and looks great
Once yantosh shares the drawing Im going to see if itís low enough for what I want.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #16
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

cut a slot in the top of the thread, lets you hold it in place with a screwdriver while tightening the pot

wouldn,t go smaller than that on the pot, too easy to over fill and seize brakes
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #17
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training

Thanks again Yantosh that looks like it’ll be small enough. I’ll get one made up and see if it suits
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2019, 05:08 AM   #18
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training

I asked several engineering places in my area to spin one of these up fro me and they all quoted well in excess of what theyre worth. Along my travels i did some research on master cylinders and figured out i could use a z1000 master(19mm) with a rizoma integrated reservoir. Its more than i wanted to pay but less than the brembo and not bad value considering.. I think im spending too much dough on this thing...Thanks for all your help all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E3807D9-F56F-4A82-B3B1-3A38029F4977.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	105986   Click image for larger version

Name:	3360BEEB-5AC5-4ED4-A2C8-91F28085C2FF.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	105988  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension