FZR 600 RR Build - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FZR 600 RR Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #91
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:12 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FZR 600 RR Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
in the case of chain vs most things, chains are self clearancing

this is especially true when it's hitting aluminum
Well it's real fucking close so it will self-clearance at some point! The back tyre on the YZ has a little bit of that criss-cross pattern from the chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
unless you have a steel frame, then you end up pushing your chainless bike off the TT course at Hillbury

520 chains are good for making a little extra space
I don't plan on doing the TT tbh but I don't wanna be pushing any bikes anywhere.

I've fitted a 520 non O ring chain to give as much space as I can but this frame was designed for a 428 chain and a narrower wheel!

Fitted longer dogbones:

Bike sits perfect on the stand now:

Spring has plenty of room now:

Filters arrived:

Gotta put together a top hose coz the engine mount adapter plates are in the way of stock routing:

Test fitted silencer:

It's massive!

Got out my trusty Dongchao and marked it up:

And chopped it:

Having trouble finding a hanger for it. I really don't wanna gut it just to have a bracket welded on at the minute. I've got plenty of other shit to do.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2019, 05:35 PM   #92
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:12 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

isn't a 428 chain wider than a 520 chain?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #93
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

This may help with chains

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2019 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #94
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You're right! Either way, the frame will need to make way.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #95
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

The coils for these FZRs are all about 30 years old now and Thundercat ones don't fit the brackets in the frame so I got these new Hitachi coils:

They fit perfect and I wired them up the same as I've seen TCats wired so fingers crossed.

Got a digital temperature gauge:

It came with it's own sensor which threads straight into the stat housing!

Bought a 130mm Spal pusher fan to try n squeeze on the rad:

Test fitted front mudguard:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #96
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Using the latest in cutting-edge technology, I can calculate exactly what my front wheel clearance is at full suspension travel:

About that much ^^^^

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #97
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Zorst is now stubby:

Pushed her outside to turn around and took this photo:

decided I don't like the R6 forks.

Pulled the front end off:

Got an R1 yoke to play with:

The ignition mounts are offset which is okay but they're also flush with the bottom of the new yoke:

I guess this is incase you decided not to run the stock ignition & steering lock but it means I'll need to get spacers turned up.

Made up some mounts and got the fan mounted:

R1 pegs don't match rear FZR ones:

Got R1 rears but they don't go straight on:

They will fit though.

Shortened a lot of wires & started prepping for a Koso dash:

Made up a rubber shield thing:

I'm hoping to get this to kind of seal against the tank, making a sort of airbox out of the underside of the tank.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #98
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:12 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I think the main reason why the billet triple doesn't go all the way down to the ignition mount location is cost: you'd have to use way more material to make it that way. with a stock cast one it isn't that much extra.

The TopYokes triple I have has threaded holes in the bottom like that, and then comes with set screws to use as studs and threaded spacers. I think that's a nicer setup than basic spacers and long bolts.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 02:21 PM   #99
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Yes, you're obviously right - cost. It works for me coz I can put the yoke as low as possible and space the ignition accordingly.

This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #100
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

All the way from the USA:

2006 5VY R1S Triple.

And I was all geared up to get down the road and have the stems swapped out but a test-fit revealed...

It's the right length.

Like, exactly the right length:

So don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I had to change the top bearing & drill out this cover:

Picked up some 4XV/5JJ forks from the God of R1's:

And it all just bolts together. Even the lock stops are in the right place

Much happier

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes