Hiking Photos - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hiking Photos

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 02:24 AM   #1
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Hiking Photos

I seem to be posting in Random Thoughts with these often enough for it not to be random... here is a thread for them.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 02:36 AM   #2
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Hiking Photos

Was raining off and on all day long and I wanted to play in the cold wet. (Soon I will get to play in the frozen wet!)

My little known parking area had another sucker for punishment parked there.

If you look closely, you can see the road that I wanted to find out where it went.

As expected.

I know others have been here before, this is an old logging road that apparently was started way back when and never completed to this spot.

For a good mile, I walked alongside and on top of these prints.

Did I mention it was raining?

I ended up on a familiar trail after 4-5 miles bushwhacking and as night fell, I watched the lights turn on and the cars drive through the fog while descending to water level.

Stupidly, my truck was 1300 feet above water level in the gorge and I had to road hike that elevation back.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

what made those tracks? looks deep. bear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

I am thinking a large cougar with front and rear feet placed in a similar spot. There was a lot of displaced soil that was soft like in that pile and the animal was going over fairly obstacle ridden terrain with ease.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #5
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

I wouldnt want to run into whatever it was. Have you run into anything that made you worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #6
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Only after dark, when I can hear them but not see them.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2019, 02:40 AM   #7
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Another after work hike. Follow an old dirt road to a decommissioned old dirt road with trees all over it to a bit of bushwhacking to the trail i was looking for...

I will soon be going back to check out this off shoot.

This is a mile long section that is like 4 foot washboard in order to decommission this road.

There's the off shoot that I am going on.

Looks like I found the trail I was looking for.

The sign says this is not a trail. Guess I need to go back and check it out.

Now you get the fun attempts of night photography.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2019, 02:47 AM   #8
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

After working a closed trail (hopefully will be open this fall), I headed back to Mount Hood for some more off shoot hiking.

Started with some calories... home made Clam Chowder and a Mediterranean-esque Calzone.

This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2019, 02:48 AM   #9
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Night fall and a very nice place to sleep, then awoke to this.

There's the little hill, just being shy and hiding in the clouds.

Zigzag trail takes you along a ridgeline for a while with pretty steep slopes on both sides.

These falls will be referenced in the next photo.

They are the tiny ones in the upper right. Sandy canyon is fairly impressive and it's understandable that the trail takes you off of the mountain to cross it.

This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2019, 02:52 AM   #10
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Fighter of the Month 

Wanted to hit three hikes, but sleeping in and an incredibly interesting area with a lot of off shoot hikes meant that I only did one of them and still hit the brewery I wanted to on the way home.

You can see a little snow on the top of this hill. I was snowed on while passing over these hills to the Opal Creek area.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion