Turnip's ZX6R Evo - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Turnip's ZX6R Evo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2016, 12:08 AM   #31
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:35 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Tyr's '95 ZX6R Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBO View Post
OK matey were tha fook are ya ? I seen Loudon mentioned inna earlier post and that's just up tha road from me .
I do all my bodging at my dad's shop in Gill, MA. I stay up by Springfield at my fiancée's place most other times.

We used to go up to Loudon for vintage racing when I was growing up. Infield tent camping and track burgers...
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #32
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Just put a bid on this Jardine slip-on.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Jardine-Carbon.../182226326499?
I doubt I'll end up with it-five days left to run and these seem to go for $400 plus. I'm not willing to go more than 150-200 max. We'll see. I need to nail down what I'm doing muffler wise cuz my subframe and tail will be designed around it.
This user High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #33
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Did more rearset work yesterday. Made some cuts so the master cylinder bolts would clear the swingarm.

Then I ended up sinking the master into the face of the rearset. Then spent forever making the fiddly little nubbin that mounts on the lever and interfaces with an acorn nut on the master's op-rod.

Had to do it this way because of the angle change etc making the stock linkage a no-go.

Nasty rusty hardware for mock-up, I'll replace with SS next time I go to hardware land.

Next up are heel plates and then whacking off some material for lightness/aesthetics and rearsets will be finished. Oh yeah, and settled on brake line routing.

Also planning on using the brake sensor from my old front brake master on this rearset instead of the one that was there on the stock setup because it was bulky, involved a bunch of springs and was very Rube Goldberg. Heel plate on the brake side will probably be designed to cover most of the operating stuff.
These people High Fived TURNIP!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2016, 09:59 PM   #34
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Lost my phone for most of the day so no in-progress pictures. I took my rear caliper and master apart and cleaned them up. The piston in yhe caliper was pitted and almost all the plating was gone, but I had a spare caliper from the parts bike that turned out to be in good shape. I started filing/grinding off casting lines and stuff on the caliper and ebded up blowing an hour or so milling off some material from the top-the casting is massively overbuilt. I fiddled around with the shape; not sure how thrilled I am with the final result. I'm really wishing I'd made the caliper hanger in such a way that the brake was below the swingarm. Probably going to swap out for another caliper eventually abyeay.

Shot some paint (VHT flat black/matte clear, so it said, but it came out as a rather glossy satin) then put everything back together and got a couple photos. Oh yeah, and I did various housekeeping stuff-countersunk a couple of bolts and continued the quest for all-SS hardware.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #35
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Good news/bad news/bad news. Good news - won the auction for that Jardine RT-1 I had my eye on. Bad news: slipped while dropping my motor and cracked the shit out of my oil pan. I have spare, at least. Waiting on gaskets. Smashed up yhe oil pickup, too. Additional bad news: my frame is cracked on both sides on the bottom of the main spars. The classic "too many wheelies" position. G-model parts bike frame is cracked too, on the top of one spar (one of the lower subframe mounts is gone, too - thing seems to have flipped and hit something upside-down or slid top-first into a curb on its side) sooo... weighing options.

Could have a G-model frame in good shape for about $300 on the bay, but it's salvage so I'd have to go the Vermont route (assuming the vin doesn't come back stolen)

Or I could try to find someone to weld the fucker. Or weld both framea. The G would be better cuz the crack is up top and so gravity would be tending to pull it closed rather than constantly trying to unzip the weld with every bump like on the F frame.

Problem is I don't know anyone who welds aluminum in the area who'd hook me up, and as I understand it most shops don't wanna mess with welding aluminum frames because liability.

Yeah, I'm aware that without heat treating the HAZ will be much weaker than before.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #36
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

I have feelers out through my few remaining local friends to see if anyone knows someone who would ve willing to zap my frames for me.

In the meantime I've been slowly moving forward with cleaning up and painting the engine and covers etc - the whole reason I dropped the motor to begin with and leading to, well, dropping it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #37
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Stunters cut those frames of at the midplates and have a brace steel tube frame reattached to the midplates. If you supplied the head tube it could probably be attached (vin matches) and it would be a mhch stronger frame. Worth a google search anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #38
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

True, I read about that a while ago but totally forgot. I'll def look into it if I can't repair or source a frame economically.

Thanks dude
This user High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-12-2016, 03:48 AM   #39
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:35 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Man, sucks about the frame, you'll figure something out though I'm sure.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #40
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Yeah, I was pretty pissed/bummed at first but realistically worst case it tacks a couple few hundred bucks onto the price tag... most of my lossiness is vecause I want my instant gratification and i want it NOE and anything that adds more wrinkles is the enemy

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes