Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty Bike - Page 30 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty Bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #291
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:05 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty

Nice one mate! Looks like awesome fun! (and hard work). I'd love to do something like that one day How did all the mods hold up? Looking good!

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #292
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:05 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
How did all the mods hold up? Looking good!
The new metal bodied right rear indicator that sat behind the exhaust and plastic versions had melted previous, also melted on day 2 of 4-5 hour nearly maxed-out road riding down but some how still worked:

So I cleaned it up a little, used a hot knife to cut a new hole and move it up and out of the way.

It only lasted another day before it stopped working.

It lost its stainless steel clutch protector on the way home, and is somewhere on the road between Zaragoza and Bilbao. I suspect probably heat, dust from the trail and not enough gasket gunk. For 6.99 I'm giving it another shot and have ordered another.

It got through 1.5L of oil on the engine side (750ml sump volume) mostly on the road days at the start and end, less on the trail. I suspect the sustained high revs are to blame.

Where the rack joined under the tail:

There was clearence issues on larger jumps, with a rewarding "brrruuzzurp" on landing. It's bent upwards slightly. And the rubber frame boot pegs where great for the 50 off-road miles they lasted.

But all the work I put in I'm so glad I did, the new Vapor guage that worked, gave me daily riding distance, time of day, engine temp and I could switch to KPH was a godsend. The racks held up to everything, carried all my panniers and kit no worries (re-tightening straps was done a couple of times a day). The screen was prefect on the 2-3 day drive each way, having it quick-detatch was great to. Furry seat made a difference too, I think.
Chain got a tiny tighten twice over the whole trip, with no lube other than a squirt of wd40 both times, O-ring chains only from now on, far better!

Didn't need the tubes I was carrying in the modified sump guard, probably due to me already fitting Michelin HD air-stop tubes, but good to have. Same with all the tools I had, only used 10% of them, but knowing I had things, where they were, made quick work of the odd bolt tightening, etc.

BUT the tank was probably the best, doing a similar trip through Spain on the Streetfghter a few years ago on a 80-100 mile range bike, there was constant fuel range anxiety. So much more relaxing this time and in the mountains was a great relief to know and see my fuel level (loads ) at every stop.

It's been mostly reverted to normal now:

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis