Ninja 650R - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ninja 650R

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2017, 07:50 AM   #41
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME®

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:49 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
I'm not even sure how to put into words what happened when I ran to the store for a pack of smokes and discovered the compliance of this bike with proper (or not so proper) rubber. It was fantastic, it was glorious, I want more of this with this machine, I'm quickly falling more in love with this butterface bitch bike than I ever did the Suzuki Bland-it "so standard it fuckin' hurts"

It makes "meth addict flipping out and fighting 10 cops" levels of power by comparison to the 400 thumper.

It.

Is.

Incredible.

Sounds like you and her will make a sweet couple
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #42
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Sounds like you and her will make a sweet couple

So long as the turbo bike doesn't cut my throat in my sleep, I'm pretty sure the 650 will be a mistress I won't regret.

My life seriously resembled a bad country song a few months back, woman left, took the dogs and the truck, I drank it away for a few days. After all that shit show was done with and I started thinking about the future again, it was time to buy a bike and get my shop cleaned up proper for the winter months.

Some dudes bury their dick in a cocktail waitress and a whiskey bottle to mend an aching heart. Others, like me, find it far more soothing for the soul to buy a new motorcycle and distract myself from everything around me with the steady thrum of a gasoline engine moving down the highway, away from all the problems behind me. And a little creativity with some writing doesn't hurt anything either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #43
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME®

CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Some dudes bury their dick in a cocktail waitress and a whiskey bottle to mend an aching heart. Others, like me, find it far more soothing for the soul to buy a new motorcycle and distract myself from everything around me with the steady thrum of a gasoline engine moving down the highway, away from all the problems behind me. And a little creativity with some writing doesn't hurt anything either.

I like to think of you as the HST of CF

These people High Fived CK 187!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-28-2017, 12:17 PM   #44
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
I like to think of you as the HST of CF

Through a great deal of my 20's, into now my mid 30's, I've been compared to Hunter, ALOT. I didn't have a clue who the guy was beyond a name and a few movies until 2013, despite having seen "Where the buffalo roam", and the remake, "Fear and loathing"... it just doesn't prepare you for the fact Hunter was a true lunatic, a man that lived for the ragged edge of life itself, despite being in his own mind, completely calculated and normal. The further I went down the proverbial rabbit hole of who Hunter truly was, the more I realized why I've been compared to him through the years.

I've come to a point I could give a fuck less what people know about me, and with that, I've started telling the stories that define my life. Sucking down 2 sugar cubes of incredibly powerful LSD and riding a motorcycle through the city (quite a long time ago now, was one of those "once just to try it" moments... the only thing I can say on that experience without a novel worth of typing is... "wow") made me realize that exploring Hunters world was indeed worth a look... and I found that we are made of the same material... quite a stunning revelation to be, "that guy". Funny enough, my best friend in this world that isn't related by blood, is just as much a poetic lunatic as I am. We tend to scare people from time to time with how crazy our conversations can get, much like Hunter freaking out that poor lady from Cycle World when he "borrowed" that Ducati to "review" it before writing about the sausage creature.

As I delved deeper and deeper, I discovered this quote and realized who I really was in this crazy flash in the pan we call life....

Quote:
“Like most others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. I was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but I felt somehow that some of us were making real progress, that we had taken an honest road, and that the best of us would inevitably make it over the top. At the same time, I shared a dark suspicion that the life we were leading was a lost cause, that we were all actors, kidding ourselves along on a senseless odyssey. It was the tension between these two poles - a restless idealism on one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other - that kept me going.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Quote:
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #45
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 

Pretty much down to a few last things and this bike is looking pretty done for the most part. Thing came together over the last few days, struck me as "right" and I'm happy with the results.

The stunt cage and rear pegs, as well as a hand brake will be nice additions to the base I've put together out of pretty much "shit on the shelf" that I wasn't really caring about much for years and years now. I'm pretty satisfied with a bike, for the first time in a long time.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #46
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
You can't rush greatness, but you can crash it shortly after it's done.

I haven't come this close to crashing, as I did today, in almost 10 years.

That quote may have been tongue in cheek at the time to most, but I said that with the utmost conviction in my mind when I typed it out after Sebspeed got hit on his CB900F shortly after a few year long build was completed. I almost saw the same fate this morning after a long week buildup to my first attendance at a motorcycle event in years.

I had totally forgotten MWFF was going on THIS weekend, so when things went sideways a few weeks ago and tossed a monkey wrench in the gears, I lost track of what was going on and when I realized what day we were coming up on, I figured I should attend the bi-annual "Slimy Crud Run"... that cursed whore of a ride...

I adjusted some things, put new tires on the 650, was pretty much ready to go 3 days ago, front tire bled air out overnight and I re-seated it, did it again, really lubed it up and tried again... still flat on Saturday morning. Fuck.

Woke up at 5am today, Sunday, Crud Run day! Tire's fucking flat, again. I know it's due to the pinch in the bead from installing these fuckers on the supermoto hoops years ago... I need bead sealing vulcanizing cement. 7am rolls around, I head to Orielly auto and grab a can, dismount my wheel, seat the tire, all is well, no leak, finally proper... buddy shows up and fires up his Dyna, both bikes humming at a nice idle, we're ready to go.

I got out on the road and not even 2 blocks into the ride the front end feels sketchy. I attributed it to a new front knobbie tire on a street bike and didn't worry much. Got about 6 blocks into the ride, front end still felt fucked, figured it is the super tall rear tire being cold, no issue, just get into it a bit and let wheel slip heat it up a little... big, fuckin', mistake.

Light goes green and I give it enough to unload the front end, alot, hovering front tire through 1st kinda power application, click 2nd with no clutch as I pull my feet on the pegs and keep front end floating through out. When that front tire touched, it was not only NOT turning, but, the brake drag from my hurried hose adjustment that obviously put pressure on the system ensured that the tire wasn't going to break free all that easy after 6 blocks of heat build up.

I tucked the front tire hard to the left, the rear started to come around, and I thought, "this is it, right in the middle of the main drag", as the front tire hooked up and went full lock to the right, the lean angle built and the rear tire started to feel less like it was going out from under me, now I'm falling off the left side of the bike and heading into what I think is going to be a spectacular 25mph high side. LOL

How the bike hooked up and got back to upright, I'll never know, or be able to explain, how I smashed my giant brass balls or lost the pegs from under my feet, or ended up nearly hitting my face on the gauges, are once again a huge mystery to me, but I can tell you this, this bike is one of the most dirtbike like streetbikes I've ever had in my entire life. This thing is compliant, and responsive, and it will recover shit that leaves HUGE black marks on the road.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #47
sta!nless
Noobie
sta!nless's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to behold

Crazy man!

I'm glad it pulled itself back together.
sta!nless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #48
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sta!nless View Post
Crazy man!

I'm glad it pulled itself back together.

Last time I had a bike this outta shape was long before I actually had a bad crash on a street bike. I was pretty sure this morning, when the front went, and the rear followed, full two tire skid, I was on my way down. My peripheral vision could only see a high probability of the bike shooting forth and headlight first colliding with a very solid and stationary post in the median of the road I was on when it got sideways beyond what I would consider recoverable on a street bike. When nothing went anywhere into that sort of outcome, I just rolled on, upright, in total awe that I came that close. The realization of the brake problem was apparent at that point though, it was easy to spot why the front felt funky... this ain't my first rodeo.

I don't ride the street much anymore, aside from the occasional time in a lot, or A.M. hour slow rolling through the dead city streets, so the whole daytime and weekend street thing has been a strange return for me lately. The entire game has changed. Not sure I'm diggin' this shit show all that much, especially if I'm at my same level of "buy the farm in a fireball wreck" sorta risk I was so accustomed to before, compared to being on the street in the first place with these cage piloting cell phone zombies as of late.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #49
sta!nless
Noobie
sta!nless's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to beholdsta!nless is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not sure I'm diggin' this shit show all that much, especially if I'm at my same level of "buy the farm in a fireball wreck" sorta risk I was so accustomed to before, compared to being on the street in the first place with these cage piloting cell phone zombies as of late.
Crazy talk!

Drink a few beers. Get some shut eye. You'll feel better in the morning.
sta!nless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sta!nless!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #50
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME®

Quote:
I haven't come this close to crashing, as I did today, in almost 10 years.

That quote may have been tongue in cheek at the time to most, but I said that with the utmost conviction in my mind when I typed it out after Sebspeed got hit on his CB900F shortly after a few year long build was completed. I almost saw the same fate this morning after a long week buildup to my first attendance at a motorcycle event in years.

I had totally forgotten MWFF was going on THIS weekend, so when things went sideways a few weeks ago and tossed a monkey wrench in the gears, I lost track of what was going on and when I realized what day we were coming up on, I figured I should attend the bi-annual "Slimy Crud Run"... that cursed whore of a ride.....................................

.................................................. .....
This thing is compliant, and responsive, and it will recover shit that leaves HUGE black marks on the road.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................... .....................How was the Crud?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes