Oddball Brewery - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Oddball Brewery

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2018, 04:15 AM   #71
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Oddball Brewery

Bought a water gun off ebay for cheaps. The connector doesn't fit ours but pretty much guessed that already.

First thing took the twist adjuster off the tip, ground the T flat off the end and drilled a new hole pointing forward.

One plastic male euro connector later and bam, a bottle wash gun for a fiver. Upon first test the water pressure left room for wishing so I took my Dremel Versatip burner I just bought, heated the tip hot, shut the side holes with soldering tin cause that can if need be easily removed and let it cool. Now when I shoot water into an upside down turned bottle I can feel the bottle being pushed up.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #72
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Been dead quiet in the brewery for months with me trying to get the Nelli up to shape but once that`s for the most part done I can also get back to brewing.

Had an à propos brew night a while ago, basically went through all my stocks and came up with something of a plan, problem is I had not labeled some of the hop bags before chucking them at the bottom of the freezer so had to make an uneducated guess based on the aroma what they could roughly be (you can definitely smell if it`s a high alfa-acid bittering hop or something more suited for flavoring/aroma but that`s as far as my nose goes)

These are the exact same bottles a few days later when the crap is starting to settle at the bottom, you can already see partly through them. Came out surprisingly dark considering it`s 100% pale ale malt although mashed high for body instead of max alcohol, thus only 5.6% even though the grain bill would have had the umph to do at least 7%.

Toasted a bit over 200g of juniper pieces to the point of them starting to slightly smoke and gain a little color. Watch this space for a brew day next weekend and the wood addition into the wort once primary fermentation has completed. I`l tell you the garage smells fukken awesome right now, have a plethora of different aromas wafting around including a surprisingly strong vanilla.

Mason`s map is finally completed, it`s getting harder and harder to get unique bottle caps these days as most of the beers are packed in cans and even the ones that are in bottles don`t necessarily have a printed cap. Still finding one duplicate pair of Ruddle`s but that shouldn`t be a problem to fix.

There will also be a drastic change in equipment at july as I will be transferring from an ad hoc gas setup to a semi-automated electric kit that will in the process multiply my gain per brew by the factor of almost three from 16-18L to around 40.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #73
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Just jutting down the recipe for tomorrow so I can find it later and don't forget it...

Good Wood

5.5Kg Viking Malt Pale Ale
150g Viking Malt Caramel 400
100g Simpson's DRC 300 EBC
100g Château Special B
400g Muscovado syrup

15g Fuggles @ 60min
20g East Kent Goldings @ 20min

Mash 60min @ 66-68°c

Yeast: Bulldog B44

Late addition: 200g toasted juniper pieces 10 days before bottling

Should produce a dark almost black strong ale/Scottish heavy with deep caramel taste and overtones of vanilla walnut and licqorice.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2019, 10:06 AM   #74
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

And here we have a nice cold pint of mystery brew, still a little bit green taste wise but to my big surprise fully carbed after only seven short days, was fully expecting it to still be somewhat flat but curiosity of the taste go the best of me as I had no idea what hops I used because unlabeled bags It's good. It's very good. And to my surprise one of the clearest homebrews I've ever made, these things tend to be pretty hazy.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 09:27 PM   #75
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:25 AM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Of course it's great... since ya had a bag on unlabeled hops, ya never can quite get it klike this again.

And I looked and behold a pale horse. And the rider's name was Death.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2019, 02:05 AM   #76
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

You know why that doesn't matter though? Because the whole thing is about exploring new brews, in fact I think I've only ever remade a batch twice and even then tweaked the recipe. Besides I got a shelf full of these, when I'm done with em gonna be wanting something different anyway Besides I learnt a valuable thing when brewing this: I ground the malts finer than I normally do to improve brewhouse efficiency but since I only have a corona mill at this point I end up with a lot of flour in the process. This is generally frowned upon for two reasons: first is flour gets past mesh screens and into the finished product as it flocculates a lot so it takes a long time to drop out of suspension thus producing hazy beer. Second is if the grain bed packs up too much during mashing that can lead into a situation called stuck mash which means the grains aren't converting their sugars into fermentables. There's a flip side however, get it just right and the grain bed ACTS as a filter trapping most of the crud producing crystal clear beer, and it seems I got the coarseness setting pretty damn close to right this time. Which is a little bittersweet as I will probly be using this particular mill again once, if that, before upgrading to a much larger less messy less noisy more efficient crushing roller mill

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion