Kz440 trash build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kz440 trash build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer
jnimbostratus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:46 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to behold
Default Kz440 trash build

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_192714_1563926589654.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	105544

Name:	20190718_072742_1563926656725.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	914.2 KB
ID:	105546 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190719_163040_1563926765117.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	105548

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post

Wrench, ride, repeat...It's the life...
jnimbostratus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jnimbostratus!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer
jnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to behold

Havnt posted anything in a while thought I'd start a thread for my new build. Dont know why pics are sideways mybad. Buddy had 2 kz440s and wanted to do a cafe build but he has little mechanical abilities and offered me one of the bikes as payment to help him out which works well for me cuz I been looking for a new build but my woth is 7+ months pregnant with our first child and she would have thrown a fit if I purchased another bike right now. Anybody that saw my last build I have since cleaned my garage and realized how much shit I have so I figured I might as well use some of it so I put the gsxr1100 front end on with some new allballs bearings. Then hacked the back half off and started mocking up xt600 swinger with sv650 wheel. The rear wheels temporary and to be replaced with a 3.5 gs500 wheel to be the same size as front. Going for a tracker look I think. Oh and had a virago subframe laying about that i think might work out.

Name:	20190722_194219_1563927445991.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	105550

Quote:

jnimbostratus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 10:16 PM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kz440 trash build

I feel dizzy DW man.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 05:11 AM   #4
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Local Time: 03:46 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

The Z440 was an unfeasibly dull motorcycle as standard. This one will be anything and everything but dull. Keep up the good work fella. ;-)
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

get a can of that orange field lining spray paint and bomb that rear rim
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looks like that's the gs rim on it already.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #7
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
Looks like that's the gs rim on it already.
Yea the last pic has the rim with a junk tire on it couldnt get it to seat but finally got it on using starting fluid. Going to ditch the xt swingarm the linkage is to wierd for that. Picking up an fzr600 rear end as soon as I get out of work.

Quote:

This user High Fived jnimbostratus!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2019, 08:43 PM   #8
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer

So I got the fzr swing arm. Going to have to turn a new pivot bushing which sucks without my own lathe but otherwise I'm confident it will work out. Im contemplating using a resi shock I have off a gsxr1100 instead of the fzr shock but I honestly dont know why, havnt put much thought into it yet but after a few beers and looking over seeing it laying in the corner i said "yea mabey i should use that one"

Quote:

This user High Fived jnimbostratus!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #9
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer

Wife had gave birth on aug 1st so I been doing that. Took 3 of my 4 weeks vacation when baby was born so back to work tomorrow. During that time home on 2 seperate occasions my wife insisted I go out to garage while her girlfriend's and family ogled over the baby so I got some stuffs done. Mocked up then tacked up rear shock mount and got my linkage sorted out using the stock center stand mounts for the linkage for mockup they will get cut off and replaced with something more robust.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #10
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Totally just mentions his new child in passing....

Congrats,man.We were just talking about all the August birthdays. Now's there's one more.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes