Fork Swaps - All Sport Bikes - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension

Brakes and Suspension Anything to do with fabricating and modifying brakes and suspension goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fork Swaps - All Sport Bikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #11
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 
Default Re: Fork Swaps - All Sport Bikes

I was thinking that. Mine are different at the top clamp and bottom clamp.

Dedication > Guts > Money > Luck > Talent
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #12
sprbeast
fukstik

CF Addict
sprbeast's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of lightsprbeast is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pantsdown View Post
I already have a whole mint front end for my fighter off a 04 Busa. Not sure if I want it though. Might sell it.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...?t=5418&page=2
whenever your ready. now, next week, or next year. put me first on the list. of course price and timing are essential. (if i have the money at the time) i believe i will be putting busa forks on superbeast. i am having some issues with the clear powder chipping on the anodizing and such. but,they will have to be darn near perfect as far as scratches and stuff go since i will be showing the bike occasionally. just keep me in mind. many thanks
sprbeast is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #13
Tommy Pantsdown
Naked from the waste down

CF Addict
Tommy Pantsdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 7 Times in 5 Posts
Tommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprbeast View Post
whenever your ready. now, next week, or next year. put me first on the list. of course price and timing are essential. (if i have the money at the time) i believe i will be putting busa forks on superbeast. i am having some issues with the clear powder chipping on the anodizing and such. but,they will have to be darn near perfect as far as scratches and stuff go since i will be showing the bike occasionally. just keep me in mind. many thanks
I'll let you know when/if they go on Ebay. They don't have a scratch on them.

Mr. April 07 - FOTM Champion.
Tommy Pantsdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #14
Tommy Pantsdown
Naked from the waste down

CF Addict
Tommy Pantsdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 7 Times in 5 Posts
Tommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of lightTommy Pantsdown is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
Not to put a damper on a very excellent post, but these are mesurments from the top of the fork. Where you would normally add clip-ons. Many of these forks tapper to a wider diameter at the lower clamps.

Also, a caouple of corrections...

CBR900RR 93-99 46mm

TLS 50mm

Yes, you're correct about the tapper but I've usually noticed rather standard sizes since most forks are made by the same few companies. Like I said in the first post, a trip to the machine shop will usually fix anything. This list is just a base line to go off of.

You may want to Email Vortex with your correction, as that list is for the clip-on's they sell. It's odd that they have incorrect sizes listed.

Any time I've heard a reference to a front end it was referenced by the top measurement. From wreckers to Ohlins.

Mr. April 07 - FOTM Champion.
Tommy Pantsdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 

Custom triples are baller anyway

Dedication > Guts > Money > Luck > Talent
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived dogbreath!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #16
cbrf23
Fighter In Training
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
cbrf23 is a NOOB

FYI All CBR front ends will fit all CBR frames from 1991 up to 06 (probably 07 and 08 but havent checked)

They all have the same size steering head bearings and stems are all same size and lenght. So for example a 1000rr front end will fit on an f2 (ok thats mine, lol, but it works) so will a 929 or 954 or 600rr or f4i or whatever and vice versa- they all will bolt up to each other.

Now this is if your using the entire front end (forks, triples, wheel and brakes)

From their, you can use tom's chart to figure out what clip/ons to use if you arent using the ones off the bike your forks came from.
For example - the 1000rr uses a hydraulic clutch and the f2 has a cable operated, so i used 50mm clipons/controls off a gsxr and rewired them to work with my bike.

You could also do like i'm doing now and rig up some dirty bars.

Just thought i'd add this to this thread since its good info that not everyone is aware of and fits in the title.
cbrf23 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived cbrf23!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #17
Sven
Strassenkämpfer for life

CF Addict
Sven's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to allSven is a name known to all
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

you can find a small list mainly for Suzuki at Selli's dimension lists
with the upper and lower diameter as well as the axle diameter
and the measurement for brake brackets.
And there is a list for swingarm dimensions too

all measurements in mm
swingarm list caption
modell | type of swingarm | width swingarm front (motor) | width swingarm back (wheel) | length

fork list caption
brand | model | year | length | upper diameter | lower diameter | axle diameter | measurement for brake bracket

Main Page is Sellifighter
he's the guy we made the triple tree for
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #18
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pantsdown View Post
Now we need a neck bearing chart, stem size would be your other point of reference.
ask and ye shall recieve

though this needs updated, it may help a bit.

http://www.ohiocaferacers.com

go to "tech tips" and there's a pdf file with alot of bikes bearing sizes.

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #19
DougZ
All star !!!
DougZ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
DougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of light

What are 02-03 GSXR 750's(USD's)? I know they are 50 mm at the top clamp, but are they 50 mm at the bottom too? For some reason, I don't think so.

2003 Suzuki SV1000s
2010 Yamaha WR250R
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2007, 07:33 PM   #20
DougZ
All star !!!
DougZ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
DougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of light

And while we are at it...where does a 636 fall in that chart? I am not a kawi guy, so I have no idea...dammit.

2003 Suzuki SV1000s
2010 Yamaha WR250R
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension