Diy hardtail struts help - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Diy hardtail struts help

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #1
Cyberboy109
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to allCyberboy109 is a name known to all
Default Diy hardtail struts help

What would you use to make hard tail struts?
Iv had suggestions of the following
flat bar
Boxed steel
solid boxed steel

my measurement's are
eye to eye 8.5inch
1 inch thickness
2 inch wide (is less just over measuring to be safe)

Iv supplied pics of my frame and what Im hoping to achieve,

*I wont be doing any cutting or drilling just buying the materials and getting a local place to do it.
Cyberboy109 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Diy hardtail struts help

I'd probably go with 1" diameter steel tube, .065 wall, make up some threaded bungs to weld in and use heim joints on at least one end so I could adjust the ride height as desired.

It looks like your example used 1" square tube and just through-bolted it, looks kinda hackish. 1" round tubes like I described would be more work but look wildly better imo. I would not use flat bar, if it were thick enough to be as stiff as needed in the application it'd be massively heavy compared to tube.

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TURNIP!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal