SV650 fighter project - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SV650 fighter project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #41
Natan
Fighterer
Natan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner 
Default Re: SV650 fighter project

I've been lazy lately!
I'm going to bypass it and fit an oil temp gauge, just to see how it goes.

Forgot to mention, finally got a little lathe and milling machine in the garage! Build potential is now raised. Started by having some speed holes milled in the heel plates (I got my dad to do these as he knows how to work the machine better than I do, lol).

Got some stuff painted. Not the best finish but it'll be tidy once it's all on.

Got the front wheel on. Still haven't painted the new swing arm yet! Once I do that I can get it rolling and start snipping wires.

Think my bodywork is coming around halfway through this month. I keep forgetting I've ordered it!

2018 Winter Buildoff - CBR600F - Build - Discussion
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Natan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2019, 11:54 PM   #42
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Nice! Congrats on the new machines. I'd love to find a mill about that size.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2019, 11:00 AM   #43
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:49 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Yeah, mills are a wonderful addition to any shop. Even a tiny one is way better than not. My first one I could pick up...

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #44
Natan
Fighterer
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future

Got sidetracked again! This time I finally managed to nab a turbobrick!

Got the swingarm removal bits for the abba stand. Super handy.

Aaaaand soundly defeated by super corroded exhaust and suspension bits. Got the shock out and swingarm moving. Got fed up and called it a day. The grinder is coming out it in the morning. Life's too short

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #45
Natan
Fighterer

Victory is mine!

I did have to make a minor surgical incision however. The car is getting a new exhaust tomorrow so I'll take this along and get it tacked back together. I still need to get my TIG set up actually. It's been in the box for six months!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2020, 05:57 PM   #46
Natan
Fighterer

I haven't been on here in ages!

Two KTMs later, and the corona virus lockdown means I should really stay in and get another bike going.

One year on, I finally painted that swing arm

Still haven't fitted it though...

Sold the race front end and kept the subframe and tail section, along with the custom seat I had made up. Should get my new headlight, top yoke with risers, and drag bars over the next day or two!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #47
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie
Dominicanbandit's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Dominicanbandit is a NOOB

Really nice project, hope to see more!
Dominicanbandit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #48
Natan
Fighterer

Made a tool for the swing arm:

Started pulling it so I could fit the painted arm and clean/paint the linkage gubbins:

Immediately defeated by the most seized up link in history. Replacement ordered!

This user High Fived Natan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #49
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Seat looks fucking cool!!
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2020, 05:47 PM   #50
Natan
Fighterer

Got the replacement linkage and freed it up a bit. Painted it and the lever arms and cleaned up the bolts and finally fitted the swing arm that's been waiting a year

Rolled her outside for some daylight photos!

I'm going to pull the lithium battery from the CBR and try to fit it in the subframe tomorrow.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes