370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee - Page 18 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #171
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:30 AM
Flip Offs: 30
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Got a throbbing in my undies, just got some pics from Mark at MK Engineering (Martek) arm is now in the jig and underway 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_246501429777360_1589472979677.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	108380   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_3005512646202396_1589472992293.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	108382  

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2020, 02:34 PM   #172
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

Had a go at doing the main bearing shell clearances today, used the old shells that came out when i stripped the motor,

had to start with known crank case halves and shells, but the crank has had the journal sizes machined off when it was lightened.

after doing the plastiguage thing, it would appear that they are all over size so not too much of a problem as four of them are Brown shells so
I have ordered 4 Yellow shells to replace them, but two sets of shells have no colour marking! I will change them with two of the Brown ones i am removing

and do another check to give me a datum.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #173
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

as i didnt have any plastigauge left to do the crank oil clearance checks, i dug the Yoshi valve spring kit out and set about fitting it.

well it turned into a rather different to the usual job, first off i had to get google translate on the job, as with all Yoshi bits the fitting instructions were in Japanese FFS.

even with translation it wasnt easy to understand, but i stumbled on and sort of found my way as i went.

seems that you have to A) measure the valve stem protrusion from the head, B) measure the spring seat thickness C) measure the spring retainer lip thickness,* D)then assemble the valve into the head and measure the amount of valve stem protruding above/below the spring retainer.

carry out the following equation X = A-B-C-D* (X is the spring compressed length measurement = 31.8mm +/_* 0.2mm)

if X isnt within tolerance, then there is a bag full of 0.5 and 0.8 shims that will need fitting!

As it is The guy that did my valve job did a fucking brilliant job of cutting the valves in, they were almost the same depth across the whole head, so all the valves have gone in and do not require any shims as they are all within Factory spec, *

Result, well almost, as i was expecting to have to remove the valves after the measuring to fit shims, i haven't fitted any valve stem oil seals. so tomorrows job it to remove them all and fit some oil seals, before re fitting all the valve springs again*

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #174
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

today was a good day working on the head, removed all the valve springs and added the valve stem oil seals, then re fitted them,

but before going to far into it, I fitted a set of valves with stem seals and spring seats, then checked that the top spring seat had lots of clearance to the stem seal at full lift.

ended up with around 3mm of clearance, jobs a good un.

re assembled all the other bits like rockers and adjusters.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #175
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

sent pics to water jet cutting place of*what i need, in Yarm,

just waiting on quote for job

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #176
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Been over to SNT race engineering this afternoon, ooooooh i like what i saw, have left some bits for machining, and have asked for a price on some of there Billet loveliness,

look forward to hearing from /doing more business with them :

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #177
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Delivery from the nice people at Robinsons Foundry, waiting on the plastigauge to get things sorted.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #178
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I have been waiting on some S/steel springs to arrive, T hey came this afternoon, i needed them to try and hold the Tygon tubing in shape when i put a sharp bend in it.

got springs, wound 3 together, works a treat.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #179
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

never got a reply to my interest in some water cutting, or from another firm that does laser cutting???? you would think small firms dont need any work any more?

so i have talked to SNT about making me some brackets to their design used on the XR69 out of my Titanium plate**

going round to collect my Forks from them tomorrow sometime and drop the plates off.

plates will be like these but to my patterns*

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #180
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

popped down to SNT to drop off the plates and collect my forks, great job on the calliper seats, removed 5mm from the calliper seating face, now the pads sit well below the outside edge of the disc and give me a small amount of adjust-ability for pad manufacturer differences.

i will now get some 2mm spacers sorted to finish off with the pads around 1mm from the disc edge where i want them.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads