Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 19 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #181
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:10 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
wow, im surprised it would move at all.
It wasn't happy about it Overfilling it helped

The pickup tube was still mostly intact, it just separated from the filter body. TH400. Modern stuff is probably built different, so it might not even relate.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #182
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

oh, theres still filters in the pan but most trans are "non-service-able". Im not deterred though, we fix them all the time.

Overfilling is almost as bad as under filling under normal circumstances though... causes the fluid to foam and aerate making pressure spikes and drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #183
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Chat with an ASE Master Technician

I would assume i have a lsd, i haven't verified it though.

Sounds like i may have to put it down for a few days and just tackle it all at once. I may wait till i move to do it since i SHOULD have a month to tackle it before i have to drive it to school. Or if i get one of my bikes on the road i could just take that.

But i have a haynes manual that covers everything pretty well and i have done a coolant flush on it once before but i may not have gotten all the crap out. I'll probably install a coolant filter and change the type of coolant in it since i've been reading that the ford factory coolant can basically be the root of most the 6.0 issues.

IF i can get this thing to at least seem reliable i may keep it, at least for a little while longer. But i would also love a cummins. Farm truck maybe?

Tranny fluid is good btw, checked it while hot and it was right in the middle of the low high marks so maybe it is a bad torque converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #184
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

if the haynes manual doesnt cut it for you let me know.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #185
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Will do man, thanks for the help

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
This user High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #186
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I think crap in the coolant and EGR coolers were the major issues with 6.0 until you started making big power and then there's other stuff like HP oil pump and head studs. When I got mine in '08 with about 70k on it first thing I did was weld a piece of bar stock into the exhaust side of the EGR. I'm not a fan of defeating emissions but when the heat exchanger fails it dumps coolant into the turbo and the engine. I hauled heavy loads with that truck and never had an issue. If it wasn't huge I would probably still have it.
The trans fluid is different now I was told, it's not the OE stuff anymore.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #187
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

yep. EGR cooler failure has defeated many a diesel engine. Im all for cleaner emissions and all but when the emissions system destroys the engine when it fails it isnt a good design...

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #188
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict

Yea i knew from the beginning the egr was a big issue so I installed a delete kit the previous owner included with it maybe a month after i got it.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #189
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

I need a few valve shims that are 9,5mm dia. I cannot find the correct thickness on that size but I can find the ones I need advertised as 9,48mm dia. Can I use those instead? I don't suppose the diameter is that critical since it's just sitting in a recess on the spring plate am I right?

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #190
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
I need a few valve shims that are 9,5mm dia. I cannot find the correct thickness on that size but I can find the ones I need advertised as 9,48mm dia. Can I use those instead? I don't suppose the diameter is that critical since it's just sitting in a recess on the spring plate am I right?
.02mm is 0.000787 of an inch. I'm pretty sure that's about as exact as anyone outside a precision machine shop is gonna get. I'd say you're all good with the 9.48 shim.

Quote:

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion