Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 20 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #191
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:43 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Figured so and went ahead n bought em already

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #192
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

*sigh*

Volvo Xc70 2004 2,5T aut.

When taking off from traffic lights with a heavy foot I`m getting the orange slippery triangle on the dashboard however no traction control nor 4wd. It just spins one of the front wheels happily until at speed or I let off the throttle. Is my Haldex gone or wtf is going on? Why isn`t the DSTC jumping into play?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #193
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:43 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

You need knobbies.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #194
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Heya Matti, I see your post but I'm in Vegas for the weekend for my brothers wedding. I'll check out some info when I get back to work next week, no access to any real info from out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #195
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

No rush not gonna do nothing to it in a while anyway

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #196
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

ok, finally back home with access to info. From what I read, the Hladex transfers power to the rear wheels any time front wheel slip is more than 1/7 of a tire rotation. If theres no transfer of power to the rear then there could be a couple things wrong. Haldex clutches being worn is pretty common but there should be a temp sensor and a pressure sensor that could have failed too. Any way to scan for codes in the AWD system and the trans control module? How many miles/km does this car have on it?

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2017, 02:59 AM   #197
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Sorry man totally forgot I never aswered.

158tmi. OBD isn't showing anything else than the two p0111 and p0347 that's been there forever and won't go away even after sensor change (possibly changed wrong sensors, if you can, would it be possible to locate the IAT and what cam position sensor exactly is that referring to?)

The thing is there's apparently something wromg with the VIDA system. I took the car to the dealership some time ago to have the anti theft alarm disabled so the sunroof would start working but the mech said he cannot get in. The machine freezes at the initial check doing an endless loop as some of the modules isn't responding correctly. He said it could end up being really expensive if they start going through them manually so I said fook it the car ain't worth it. This was long before the awd and dstc stopped working though, that I discovered only a few weeks ago. When it was slippery last winter they were working fine although now that I mentioned it I do remember once getting a failure report and a weird sort of a whirring sound after doing donuts at the truck terminal yard last winter. Both went away after a restart though. I wrote it off being the leaky power steering wanting more fluid, topped it off and didn't think of again. Now that I think of it, coulda been the haldex pump running dry too...

On an another more urgent issue:

Does anyone here know anything about truck pneumatics? What is that thing called? Apparently it is controlling the suspension as when the center block started leaking the truck started having trouble keeping the back end up and level. Doesn't seem hard to swap out but I'd need to know what to ask for from the parts shop.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2017, 04:48 AM   #198
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:43 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Could you not go to the parts shop, show show them the picture, and tell them you need "one of these" for your truck?

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2017, 05:14 AM   #199
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Exactly what I'm intending to do but if possible I'd rather go in knowing what I need as the guy at the counter might not be any wiser than me about what we're looking at. They're essentially just cashiers not truck mechanics.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #200
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

heya Matti, not being able to scan makes it harder but theres the basics to check.

Check to see if theres power present at the Haldex control module (right next to the pump) with the key on.

check out this link ( http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...heres-tip.html on how to check/change the haldex oil and filter. theres also some pics of where the haldex pump and is filter are located. Aside from being a tight squeeze, replacing the oil (and the pump if needed) isnt a terrible job.

Quote:

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion