Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 24 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #231
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

clear the codes by disconnecting the battery for a hour or so if you cant get your hands on a scanner. A cheap code reader is usually reasonably priced on ebay and is pretty handy to have around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #232
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:17 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

I got a cheap simple scanner to erase the codes. It won't go any deeper but will zero out the OBD memory.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #233
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

HEVON PERSE! Sensor swapped, codes erased, MIL still on...

The fault for the IAT went away but sadly it wasn't the only one that kept the light on. Right now I am getting only one code so it should narrow things down. The code in question is P0347 "camshaft position sensor bank2 circuit low". The sensor itself has recently been changed so it's not that. Wiring loom related maybe? That'll be a hoot to track down... Gotta check my battery's condition next, right now the car is thawing in my neighbour's garage for saturday.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #234
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

I would check the connector for the sensor, Ive seen the terminals spread just enough to make a weak connect and throw codes like that. was the sensor a factory sensor or aftermarket? had iffy luck with aftermarket stuff on volvos.

kinda oddball, but, has the trans been out of your car recently? the engine and trans on these cars has to be clear of any corrosion at the bell housing or it interferes with the grounding. Ive seen a few that have bad ground straps or bell housing corrosion and all kinds of odd electrical gremlins appear, crazy tach jumping when cranking/running, no starts, weird light flickering and warning lights on the dash.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #235
Natan
Fighterer
Natan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner 

Speaking of Volvos and sensors, I need to replace the MAF sensor on my 2003 C70 T5. I don't have a fault code scanner so I can't clear faults - can I just disconnect the battery, swap the sensor and leave the battery disconnected for a while to clear the warning light? Or will I need it plugged in and cleared?

I'm not experienced with cars made after 1990, so apologies if this is a daft question

2018 Winter Buildoff - CBR600F - Build - Discussion
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #236
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natan View Post
Speaking of Volvos and sensors, I need to replace the MAF sensor on my 2003 C70 T5. I don't have a fault code scanner so I can't clear faults - can I just disconnect the battery, swap the sensor and leave the battery disconnected for a while to clear the warning light? Or will I need it plugged in and cleared?

I'm not experienced with cars made after 1990, so apologies if this is a daft question
disconnecting the battery for a while should do the trick.

Quote:

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #237
Natan
Fighterer
Natan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner 

Good stuff, thanks!

2018 Winter Buildoff - CBR600F - Build - Discussion
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Natan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #238
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
I would check the connector for the sensor, Ive seen the terminals spread just enough to make a weak connect and throw codes like that. was the sensor a factory sensor or aftermarket? had iffy luck with aftermarket stuff on volvos.

kinda oddball, but, has the trans been out of your car recently? the engine and trans on these cars has to be clear of any corrosion at the bell housing or it interferes with the grounding. Ive seen a few that have bad ground straps or bell housing corrosion and all kinds of odd electrical gremlins appear, crazy tach jumping when cranking/running, no starts, weird light flickering and warning lights on the dash.
No the trans hasn't been out but the ground straps is one thing to add on my checklist during saturday. TBH I don't remember the sensor manufacturer, it wasn't from stealership but could have been "OEM quality" . Gonna check the terminals and the connector in general, if it doesn't do it might splash out and just go get an Optima battery to get more juice out...

I read from somewhere that the lumpy idling could be caused by this too. It idles normally then suddenly sort of "clears it's throat" by dipping the revs down and stuttering a little bit. The warmer the weather + the warmer the engine = the more it does it, dropping to neutral makes it a little softer.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 06:33 PM   #239
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

cam/crank correlation is important on variable valve timed vehicles. if the two sensors dont agree, the timing can slip out of the normal range and run rough.

If the battery is suspect, change it first. Weak batteries and Euro vehicles dont mix well either.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #240
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

The Volvo issue is still on the table due to me having way too much other stuff on my plate before that. Speaking of:

Patient: Peugeot Partner Van 2004, 1,9D N/A.

Issue: Hard cold start.

Symptoms: Even if the car has been "on leash" for the night it`s super hard to get going in the morning. When I try to start it it does "promise" with one cylinder but I still gotta crank it till the battery starts to give in before I can coax it to life. When it eventually does start it runs smooth and idles fine, and when the engine is warm I barely have to touch the key and it`s already running.

The previous owner claimed they had changed the glow plugs very recently, I have not verified this other than seeing some new nuts n bolts in that general area of the engine but even several glow cycles before attempting start do nothing to aid in the issue.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion