Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 25 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #241
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:22 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Not as familiar with Peugeot since Ive never seen one in person but basic engine theory doesnt change much from one brand to another. Aside from the glow plugs, a faulty coolant temperature sensor can cause the fuel ratio to go crazy rich and cause a hard start. Any codes in memory? Hows the battery? if its weak the engine may not spin quite fast enough to make cfull compression when cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #242
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:22 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Lol never seen a Peugeot? Consider yourself lucky...

Haven`t checked the fault codes yet, gonna do that tomorrow, figured I`d try to get some pointers before diving into it since as you said it yourself basic engine technology, specially in the bottom feeder diesel models, is more or less the same. Good to know what to look for! I`ll let you know tomorrow what I pulled from the OBD. Now that you mentioned it the coolant gauge does seem to fluctuate a little bit more than what I`m used to in other cars. This thing seems to be so bare bones basic with no trick bits what so ever that the answer is most probly something very simple.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #243
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Zero codes in memory, battery is allegedly recently changed and my load tester says it`s A-OK. Fuel filter maybe? Can`t say if it`s down on power as it barely has any to begin with

EDIT: found some guys with similar issues on a few forums, one had a buggered timer relay, the other had a small leak in the fuel line enabling the tank to engine bay tube empty itself back to the tank during the night. Guess those are my next two test subjects.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #244
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Filter couldn't hurt.

Does it smoke and sputter when it starts, or is it a smooth start when it fires?

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #245
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Bangs one pot until it gains enough momentum to start spinning on it's own. Haven't noticed any excessive smoking, will keep a closer eye on that.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #246
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

a bunch of smoke on start up that gradually goes away is sometime a sign of air in the fuel injection system.

is the starter spinning quickly or slowly? The popping on one cylinder till it builds speed and starts makes me wonder about the starter motor.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #247
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

I'll have a look tomorrow morning, I'm so used to a diesel throwing out a puff upon startup I pay no attention to it. I don't think the starter is the issue since IMO it spins pretty good, and this only happens when the car has sat overnight and it's cold. This morning when I started it, it had been hooked to the block heater for a few hours and started instantly.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #248
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Grymm, my wife has an '03 Xterra. CEL popped on and she took it by Advance to get scanned. I don't have the exact codes, but one said oxygen sensor bank 2, and the other was something about the catalytic converter. I wasn't there and she didn't write anything down....

Anywho, is it possible the cat is fine, but it's throwing up a code beause of the O2 sensor?

Is bank 2 the passenger side?

Also, it seems these trucks have an upstream and downstream O2 sensor( a total of 4 sensors?). How can I determine which sensor is goofing off? She says the thing runs fine.

Edit: Now she tells me...

P0420- Catalyst system efficiency below threshold Bank 1
P0152- Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1

Alright, so where do a I get a carburetor rebuild kit for this heap?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #249
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:22 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Grymm, my wife has an '03 Xterra. CEL popped on and she took it by Advance to get scanned. I don't have the exact codes, but one said oxygen sensor bank 2, and the other was something about the catalytic converter. I wasn't there and she didn't write anything down....

Anywho, is it possible the cat is fine, but it's throwing up a code beause of the O2 sensor?

Is bank 2 the passenger side?

Also, it seems these trucks have an upstream and downstream O2 sensor( a total of 4 sensors?). How can I determine which sensor is goofing off? She says the thing runs fine.

Edit: Now she tells me...

P0420- Catalyst system efficiency below threshold Bank 1
P0152- Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1

Alright, so where do a I get a carburetor rebuild kit for this heap?
You don't. You gut the cat and space the rear o2 sensor on bank1, and replace the rear o2 sensor on bank 2. or just cut the exhaust off entirely and ignore the lights
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #250
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

its possible for a failing sensor to cause both of those codes. any exhaust leaks? if not, a scanner that can watch live data would make diag a snap. when warmed up, a front O2 sensor should switch rapidly back and forth from rich to lean. one thats switches lazily or has long plateaus on its sweeps is failing.

I look for upstream and downstream O2 codes when I suspect a catalyst of failing. Plus they usually stink like sulfur when they go bad.

Quote:

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion