Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 26 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #251
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

No smell that I'm aware of, but I've never driven the thing. I have followed her down our road before and didn't notice anything, but the truck would have basically just been coasting.

Very quiet engine so I think I'd hear any exhaust leaks if there were any. I think it's got about 160-170k miles on it.
Which side of the engine is bank 2 and would sensor 1 mean the upstream sensor?

Or am I better off getting it scanned by a legit scanner and going from there?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #252
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

watching the data would be definitive. use a bit of heat or try loosening the sensor after a short drive if its tight and doesnt want to move. Heres a cylinder diagram, bank one is passenger side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #253
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Here's an odd one for ya Grymm. Changed spark plugs on the truck last night... 09 Dodge 1500.
All of them looked about the same, except for one. The rearmost plug of the second cylinder on the drivers side was wet with oil, threads and tip.
The weird part is the other plug in that cylinder (dual spark) was dry and looked the same as all the others.
I couldn't get a good look down into the plug pocket but what I could see was dry and my socket wasn't dirty coming out, so I don't think there was oil pooled on top of the plug. The coil boot for that plug was dry as well.
Any thoughts?

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #254
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

#mcantar Without being able to see it, I would hazard a guess that the valve cover gasket is seeping into the plug well. sometimes the oil leak doesn't accumulate up enough to see on the coil boot, but I would expect to see some on the hex of the plug... I wuld double check with an inspection mirror to be sure.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #255
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

So working on a 08 toyota tacoma.. Well my brother started it, i cam along after work.. Cant seem to get the front hard lines into the caliper.. Go for max 2 threads n stop.. Is it normal to chase the holes? Never run into this problem before.. Nothing seems fucked enough to not go together...
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #256
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Unless the threads are nasty or mismatched it should just screw in. Do the threads match up?

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #257
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

they both looked m10x1.5 i didnt think i needed to bring my thread gauge with me lol...

its weird... i took off the strut side hard line last night told him to take it into the parts store today with the caliper... apparently, the stock brake line only fits 1 caliper out of 5 he tried... and only one fitting fit the new caliper..

fuckin' take it back! it almost like a no 3rd party parts toyota conspiracy..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2018, 01:40 AM   #258
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

1 of 5 eh? Fuck sakes...

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #259
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

turns out the caliper is a 3/8 ths thread... them sae toyota parts bahaha..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #260
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

FFS..... ridiculous.

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion