What was your last purchase? - Page 317 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What was your last purchase?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2019, 10:13 PM   #3161
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:58 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Fuckin do it! Give it a month or so for the gravel to clear off the fun roads, I'll take a long weekend and we can tear shit up.

But yeah. Being essentially a loaner bike I wanted something easy to ride, and this is that. Other options for consideration were things like an FZ07 and similar, but there were no good deals on the market for those. Got this for a pretty good price and it doesn't need much... fork seals are starting to weep, and there's some dry cracking on the horizontal cyl intake boot. Nothing major that I saw.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #3162
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:58 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

FZ 07 probably wouldn't excite you very much compared to your Hyper. With how your set up now the FZ would be about 20+ lbs heavier and -20hp.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2019, 10:45 PM   #3163
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:58 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

That's fine, not being excited about it is the entire point. My wife is kinda a timid, rather novice rider and will very likely lay it down at some point, probably in a parking lot or some other low-speed situation. My buddy that wants to ride at GP has all of one season under his belt.
I want to NOT be attached to this thing.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2019, 11:14 PM   #3164
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:58 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Watching my wife taking off on her dirt bike is a total cringefest. Once rolling she's a champ, but that slow speed/ clutch control stuff is hard to teach. Especially with hard headed wimmens.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #3165
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:58 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Should be a little more safe to ride at 75mph now. I'll have to limit the wheel travel so the tire doesn't contact the engine, respring it because it's far too soft for me, and probably make my own version of RaceTech's emulators so I can better tune the damping of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190405_164712.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	104494

Name:	IMG_20190405_204159.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	104496
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2019, 03:49 AM   #3166
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Gasket glue and two sizes of lockring pliers, 70€... Still gotta go get a big box of profanities as I'm sure to go through the whole thing while re-exploding the benelli gearbox...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #3167
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Wow if Gasket Glue & pliers were 70 euro's? … What's a box of profanities gonna cost.

Don't be the chaser, be the one who is chased. You are the Tequila... not the lime.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2019, 01:31 AM   #3168
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Around 58 euros Ended up never using either of the pliers so yea I did go through it at a staggering pace.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #3169
Racing Geek
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Admission into a two day metal shaping class this weekend. Money is tight so I'll be sleeping in the van in the guys parking lot Saturday night.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #3170
Racing Geek
Scavenger Hunt 

Part of the reason money is tight is because I'm starting to work on my truck again. Bought these rotors today to hopefully finish up the brakes soon.

Rotors from an Audi, calipers from a Ford, and hubs from a Chevy are going on my International.

Name:	IMG_20190411_202046.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	104570

Name:	IMG_20181118_192033.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	104572

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion