What was your last purchase? - Page 323 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What was your last purchase?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 01:16 AM   #3221
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
I bought a set of those rebuilt by CL (Chris Livengood) Mototech for my ‘78 Kz1000. He goes through and fixes most of the issues with them. I’ve only used them for mock-up so I can’t comment on ride quality.

Later, Doug
Edit: I find his site this morning. Thanks for the heads up, Doug.
I did some reading on those shocks, and yeah, some guys fix them up nice. I foundone short blog and I don't know if it's the same guy you know or not. As delivered they are kinda sloppy ( like random air charges and fluid levels), but some basic fiddling can whip them in to shape easily. They use bending shims, so the sky is the limit on tuning ride quality, if needed.

My other options was $300+ for a pair of basic Hagons that could never be tuned, or $1500+ for "good" shocks. I'm looking forward to playing with these shocks. I would be interested in any info you have about the guy who worked your shocks.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 10:05 AM   #3222
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Check out Gazi shocks

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #3223
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I'm sure Gazi shocks are fine products. RFY is sufficient for my needs.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #3224
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

for the bike I keep hurting myself on

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #3225
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I'm sure Gazi shocks are fine products. I'm just not interested in dropping a grand or more to wear a name brand. Tuning suspension is mindnumbingly simple. I'm not paying through the nose for empty bragging rights.

I don't mind being seen riding on eBay shocks. My ego can take it. I don't have an online persona to protect or a Facebook account I'm worried about feeding with my next photoshoot. I'm just building shit I like to bounce around the woods on. Nothing fancy. Just a 40 year old Honda to fuck around on. I'm not heading to Dakar.
Here you go buddy.

I was simply suggesting a quality, budget friendly alternative to the chinese junk. They're not even close to a grand and you get quality parts to start tuning vs the dubious unknown. But what do I know? I'm just planning my next photoshoot

I mean fuck, if you're gonna "bounce around on shit you built" then worn out oem would suffice.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 12:05 PM   #3226
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Their piggyback shocks are a grand. Their "budget" shock is almost $400 with shipping. You get the same welded shut, unserviceable thing Hagon sells for less. Their tunable shocks start at $900 and go up from there. We already had this discussion before. RFY is sufficient for me.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #3227
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123594047829 I'm tempted to pick that up just to see how shitty everything inside is

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #3228
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Cheap enough for a test ride, but the seller doesn't accept returns, so something to consider.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #3229
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

My chinese shock with proper spring and thicker oil was still shit, but ir was supoused to be on 125cc not 400cc

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #3230
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Their piggyback shocks are a grand. Their "budget" shock is almost $400 with shipping. You get the same welded shut, unserviceable thing Hagon sells for less. Their tunable shocks start at $900 and go up from there. We already had this discussion before. RFY is sufficient for me.
In case you change your mind, or the RFYs break, an option:

http://www.gazi-usa.com/sport%20lite.html

Fully rebuildable, precision components, lack of piggyback made up for by actual quality. $430

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion