What was your last purchase? - Page 326 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What was your last purchase?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2019, 11:29 PM   #3251
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Any "extra" cash I make goes into 1 of 4 buckets... bills/preventive maintenance for cars or house, tools, savings, or toys. In that order.

This time around it was tools. Been wanting pin gauges for a long damn time. My one round carbide burr is getting a bit dull, time to get a backup on hand. Cheap collet to run some cheap roughing cutters I grabbed a while back. Also grabbed a No-Mar AR upper vise block because it was cheap, looks like a good design, and made in USA.

Got a couple more things in my Ebay cart but they're not needed just yet so I'll wait and see if a coupon deal comes along.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190505-221447_Chrome.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	104946  

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2019, 11:30 PM   #3252
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Wooo!

Now let's see if they live up to the hype.
Do you have to change the earbud tips to tune the sound?

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #3253
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Do you have to change the earbud tips to tune the sound?
The eartips, cables, and equalizer (obviously) all have an effect on sound. The eartips in particular have different size inner bores as well as different sealing qualities that effect noise isolation. Did a bit of preliminary listening and adjusted my phone's EQ a little based off my ears and this graph so that end's already covered.

For the eartips... top left are "balanced," top right are "vocal," bottom left are memory foam, bottom right are "bass." The vocal-oriented tips have a firmer stem with a slightly smaller bore than the bass tips, balanced are somewhere in the middle of those, and the foam seem to have the largest bore and in general foam tips seal best but I'm not usually a fan of the light constant pressure (same with foam earplugs).

Playing with them right now actually, liking the foamies the best for sound, no surprise there. The bass tips have a little bit brighter sound with less meat to it, which I like less, but the comfort is better so I'll probably run them when I'm at work and have them in all day.

The factory cables are pretty nice and I otherwise wouldn't replace them, but they're audio only and I really need an inline mic/remote to take calls and pause music at work. Have an email in to Null Audio to see if they can do a MMCX connector with a curved strain relief on these.

Shoot me a text tomorrow and remind me, I can probably find some spare carbide burrs in my work toolbox and send em over to ya.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 12:22 AM   #3254
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Lol, just opened the soft case just for the fuck of it (I'll never use it, the hard case is way better)... there was a set of double-flange silicone tips hiding in there! Like these:

Seal/noise iso (read: sound) almost as good as foam, comfort like the normal tips, think we have a winner. They sit a little deep in the ear canal and feel a little awkward because of that, but that may just be a matter of getting used to it. Think I'll give them a test drive over the next few days and see if they start to feel better.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 12:31 AM   #3255
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Those silicone tips look similar to the ones that came with my skull candys. I think just a single bell shape but they supplied multiple sizes. They're definitely comfy. Its finally getting nice enough to cut my lawn regularly again so I'll have to dig them out of my toolbox and clean them.

Thanks for the burr offer, I'll text ya.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 01:47 AM   #3256
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:46 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

be careful with em they dont make those anymore seb
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #3257
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
I trimmed the existing shoulder down to be smaller. 2 bolts per bar, 1 bolt per riser

shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #3258
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
be careful with em they dont make those anymore seb
What do you mean, the silicone bits?

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #3259
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:46 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

No those specific set of skull candy earbuds..
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #3260
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
No those specific set of skull candy earbuds..
Gotcha. they don't see much stress, so I'm hoping they last a long time...

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion