Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2015 Scavenger Hunt

13K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  myth44 
#1 ·
I'm calling this the 2015 picture challenge / scavenger hunt. Lets see if we can keep this going for this year, if it's successful the thread will get big and we'll start a new one next year, if it's not it will just die gracefully and we'll forget about it next year.

A few rules:

1. This is about riding your bike and going places. No garage / shop / construction pictures or challenges. If your posting a pic you had to ride your bike there, fighter or not.

2. Post a photo of the old challenge, then post a photo of the new challenge. This should weed out most the crazy stuff, if you can't get the challenge picture yourself then chances are nobody else will be able to either, excluding regional stuff like beaches and mountains.

3. If the challenge isn't met in one week, someone can start a new one so the thread doesn't die.

Now go ride. If I can do it with a family and a broken back so can you.

#3 ·
Subscribed. Not riding today as I caught a fever over last night but deffy gonna be all over this later.

#5 ·
Challenge Accepted: :letsride:

Hopefully Ill be able to snag the next one during lunch. TBC

#7 ·

Off the side road by local airport, tried getting the skydivers in but by the time I pulled up they landed. so challenge is airport I guess, on or off road. Bonus for bike in a plane?

#8 ·
If no one beats me to it, on this tomorrow, already cracked a can so no ridin til tomorrow

#9 ·

A small airport for recreational planes just 5km from our house. I don`t suppose a plane big enough to be able to ride in could make it down here anyway...

Next stop: A shooting range.

Reactions: Tx1021 and binx77
#10 ·
so honestly at first glance i thought it was a golfing shooting range, but now it kinda looks like a gun shooting range....so i got both....

so challange being which ever one you didnt mean?

#11 ·
What I MEANT to write was a DRIVING range but somewhere between me `ead and the keyboard it mythically changed to a shooting range...

#12 ·
Can I make a suggestion? This thread moves WAY to goddamn fast, by the time I'm on my bike there's already something posted. Maybe we could do a weekly photo challenge, then at the end of the year the person who matches on the most weeks 'wins'? Choice of challenge would still be up to the first person to match the challenge, but that way everybody gets a chance to play every challenge.

#13 ·
I don't think it moves to fast, it just got completely unorganized. When you come in here to post your pics/next challenge you should have your shit ready. Not spreading out your reply over a few days and several posts.

If we all reply to the same challenge with our own additional challenge then the thread will never proceed. It'll just be a huge clusterfuck , which is why these threads usually die.

#14 ·
Give it a month it'll cool down. They always do ;D IMO it's not moving fast at all, on another forum where I do this the picture can change 3 to 5 times per any given 24h. Try to keep up with THAT. I've actually once taken a pic, posted it up on the spot, and when I was putting my phone back into my pocket another bike rolled to the spot. Sorry mate missed by literally 15 seconds :D

#15 ·
Im all for doing what Sebwiers said, start on like a Monday and have a week pic, first one to complete that gets to start the next week off. that way it can be simple, get some more scenery pics in here maybe instead of everyone running around town snagging pics just to see another challenge already up. it hasn't become too fucked up so far, I apologize that I jumped the gun on my graffiti pic ( just liked the look and photobucket was calling my name) but I also believe it would be a lot cleaner with the 1 a week thing, fuck you could even say posting multiple pics (although would have to be different places not just a different angle) could be doable. I just enjoy riding around after work having to find these random things that I know ive seen before.

#16 ·
I agree that this isn't moving fast, I consider one challenge or more per day fast. I can't keep up with that because I can't get out on my bike that much. I tried getting the last challenge a couple days ago but it was too late and they were already closed. I'll participate when I can regardless. However I can see value in a weekly challenge thing so I'll start another thread for that. This can be the quantity thread and the weekly thing will be quality.

That said I second what shinyribs said, when you post your response try to post your challenge with it or in the next post. Keeping it moving and with lots of pictures is what keeps it fun and interesting.

Cool, :letsride:

*edit* dammit, I went and rode again today and the driving range I went to was a "private community" with a guard and everything. I don;t know if I'll be able to get this one.

#19 ·
Well, I live in Colorado so a nautical themed statue is going to be tough... How about a Colorado style statue?

I wanted to get closer but the whole thing is a war memorial from lots of different conflicts so it felt inappropriate to just roll my bike up into a war memorial. Anyway I think that's supposed to be Kit Carson.

I struck out on getting my next challenge, it was locked out with barbed wire. So instead of going home without any pictures I improvised and got these. Thought I'd share:

So next challenge is... your bike at night, or your bike with lightning or maybe your own 80s magazine advertisement like the last one.

#20 ·
So was really hoping someone else could get a lightning/bike pic cuz they look bad ass and I cant since Cali is in a drought, but since no bites ill just get the bike at night pic:

Right after finally finishing the wifes paint job (purple with a satin clear coat) and she asked to rep skully too so put him on the windscreen p.s. > that's sweat on the paint not runs, was really humid yesterday

next challenge, A pic with a cow or other farm animal [yes I kinda 'cheated' but hey im in SoCal, can only do so much]

#21 ·
So I really don't want this to die since it makes me go around and have fun on my bike so heres a new pic

round-a-bout, clock ( I would say tower but its not)

#24 ·
Its alright, haha its like your other post of where are all the fighters....still being built, fixed, modified, and made better. Just trying to get in all the nice sites out here before the trip to Ks in Sept ( not saying the Midwest is lacking scenery just theres some pretties out here)

#25 ·
Hell yeah, I finally found a clock on a stick. And look at that, there's actually TWO clocks.

So next tag (it was getting dark so best I could do) is some truly awful graffiti. This has to be the worst tag I've ever seen. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cringe, I think I did both. :nuts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.