Cookie's Duc ReDux - Page 62 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cookie's Duc ReDux

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2019, 01:24 AM   #611
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Cookie's Duc ReDux

Those header nuts actually look better in that photo than they are, they are fully rust-welded onto the header studs and they are rounded off. There is only really one method i use for any rusty or snapped bolts now - weld another nut onto it, hit it with a load of RP-90 and get on it with a impact driver or if i don't have access: a small pipe-wrench jolted with a hammer blow.

I always disconnect my battery and ECU on bikes i'm welding on, i don't know how much difference this makes, but it feels correctly cautious!

Worked a treat, and kills 2 birds with one stone, by getting the stud out too:

Fresh stainless replacements:

The exhaust collar at the rear is fine, the one at the front is a mess. Luckily, i have another set of collars, also similarly effected, so a i can just use the two taken from rear cylinders #hordersforthewin

The exhaust collets got the vinegar treatment, as did the up/down section connecting clamp:

The connecing clamp also had a rusted bolt, that snapped when i welded a nut onto it, but in a good place to release the clamp, it cleaned up ok, filed down, drilled out, zapped a stainless nut onto it and better than new:

All ready to go back together:

The paint used on the engines of these Ducati's is pretty pathetic and is always pealing off if the bike has seen a winter or two, and this one has seen a few more than that:

I'm not in the mood for a re-paint but i did spent some time scrubbing, decreasing, scratching and washing off as much gunk and flaky paint as i could do easily:

Then used a small paintbrush and a spray cap lid full of ACF-50 to give the whole engine a liberal coat of anti-corrosion. I left it over night, then ran the bike for 10 mins to soak it in then evaporate as much as possible.

Did an oil and filter change while i had the exhaust off, then put everything back together, i positioned the rear exhaust clamps to act as a fairing stand-off:

We'll see if they just melt through..... but i'm pretty confidant they will be cool enough to be fine.

Finito:

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #612
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Holy fook that kid's getting big! Coulda sworn it was just a couple months ago he popped out.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #613
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

16 months now, and it's flown by, but yeah, he's a big lad, he was 11lb 6oz when he arrived. Pretty sure he'll be able to reach the foot pegs this time next year
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2019, 09:08 PM   #614
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Geez, you had your work cut out for you there! Corrosion sucks, and you seem to get more of it than anyone I know! Nice job showing her some love.

11lbs 6oz....dang.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes