Turnip's ZX6R Evo - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Turnip's ZX6R Evo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2015, 02:05 AM   #11
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Tyr's '95 ZX6R Evo

Haven't gotten much done in the past few days. Have to wait until Monday at the earliest to get argon for the TIG so I can dive into exhaust and headlight brackets and stuff.

In the meantime I messed around with some quick and dirty photoshop mockups as far as the tail shape goes, and poked around with muffler ideas.

Not sure which is most similar to what I want, though I think I'm leaning towards the last one at the moment.

Obviously, in the case of the last image the muffler(s) would be under the seat, not hanging out down by the swingarm.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2015, 02:26 AM   #12
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

One more, messing with ideas for what the subframe might look like down the road.

These people High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2015, 02:48 AM   #13
Predator6R
ZX-6R Fighterer
Fighterer
Predator6R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Predator6R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Last one looks the best to me. What headlight are you going to use?
Predator6R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2015, 03:15 AM   #14
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

This one right here.

Mounted to the forks, probably with a minimalist cowl just big enough to cover the front of the dashboard.
These people High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2015, 03:21 AM   #15
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Poking around looking at undertail mufflers from various models. I wish it were easier to find dimensions on stock parts. 08-11 Daytona 675 undertails are in good supply, cheap and look pretty cool but I can't find any numbers on height/length/width.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #16
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Scrounged around on coneeng.com a bit, looks like I could have all the bits for a pair of reverse cone mufflers that would fit in the subframe for around $130-150. Not bad for what you get. Keeping an eye on that.

Also considering just making a flat sided muffler that fits within the subframe with a concave profile to the bottom of it. Single inlet dual outlet cuz more tips = more better
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #17
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

After much bullshit from the local Airgas place, argon get.

Soon photos of actual things.
This user High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #18
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

No concrete progress as of this post. I did figure out what I want to do about the headlight cowl, though.

I also ordered some monoblock front calipers from a CBR and a radial master cylinder to go with. I'll be selling the two sets of '05 636 calipers and the 03-04 master that I had. (Apparently the 03-04 linear masters sucked in particular)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #19
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Calipers are here. They're black rather than the sexy goldness I have mounted right now. But. MONOBLOC UNF
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #20
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Nothing much has happened on the 6R for a few days. Got busy with motocross stuff, threw a clutch and brakes at my KX250 and turned my buddy's 1983 KDX200 from a pile of rusted junk into this.

Note: I was not involved in picking the color. _

This user High Fived TURNIP!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes