Sebspeed's Suzuki 7/11 project Fat Kat - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sebspeed's Suzuki 7/11 project Fat Kat

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #21
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Sebspeed's Suzuki 7/11 project Fat Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post

I can't pull that off without help!!
that's what she said
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #22
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Pair of 929 rotors from eBay, $75.

Finding them to be near mint with no wear and only .002"-.003" runout, PRICELESS

Dug around in my drawers of special bits to locate some rotor bolts...

Pulled the arm and a pivot bolt out of the far corner of the shop (still need a real axle)

Linkage bits and a caliper from under the bench...

And then I remembered... a shiny thing mixed in with my paint guns in a toolbox drawer - payment from a job... boing! Need to offer it up to the frame and see if I can make it work, but if I can make it work... it will work well!

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2015, 10:52 PM   #23
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

750 is off the lift, time to take a swing at this pile

First issue, 600 wheel bearings are too small. F4i axle is 20mm, 929 axle 25mm.

F4i wheel bearing 20x45x12

929 bearing 25x47x12

I need 25x45x12. Any help appreciated... try that before I consider using smaller axle with spacers, custom axle, etc.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #24
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Got a nice clean hub with rubbers off ebay

Also made a template for the turbo flange. I will create a cad file off this for a certain someone...

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2015, 05:51 AM   #25
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Had a quick look online for those bearings, no luck so far. If you get really stuck i have a supplier through work that might be able to get them (haven't asked them yet but they came through on my VFR-Triumph hub swap and weird head bearings), but shipping to US will add to the cost, natch.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #26
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Subframe off, test fit of forks

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #27
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

I start my day job at 6am every day, home around 3, just coming in from my garage now.

I drew up a cad file for the turbo flange... test fit went well, so sent files off to Toni.

Finished drawing up my triples, send the files out for quoting the blanks soon. Not sure yet if I will be able to pull off the top bridge. I'd like to fit it over a pair of purchased risers (I like Outlaw brand), but I'm not sure yet how I'll cut the groove for the bars. I'd have to blank it from thicker material, drill a hole, then saw a lot of material away. Gotta see what the blank will cost.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #28
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Oh and that front end... no luck with bearings, so I had to resort to more drastic measures.

CBR600F2 axle is the right size for the F4i wheel bearings, and the same overall length as the 929 axle.

If I install the axle backward from factory orientation(bolt on the left leg instead of the right), then the F2 axle fits the left leg perfectly, as the major diameter of the F2 axle is the same as the minor diameter of the 929 axle.

Right leg, not so much...

Solution? Turn up an adapter fitting to center up the axle in the fork. Include the wheel spacer to make things easier for later.

Pretty much done here, just needs a slit so it can clamp the axle when the pinch bolt on the fork leg is tightened.

Now if my tires would just get here already...

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2015, 07:23 AM   #29
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

good job figering out tha front axle setup matey

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #30
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Thank you sir

I have to make another part for the left side to make sure the wheel stays perfectly on center.

Also need to find some brake calipers so I can verify fit. Last piece of the puzzle is finding out if the F4i wheel is the same width as the 929 wheel (should be!).

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes