cb500f from thailand. saw it on FB. dude wants 13,000 us for it (lol) neat bike - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter pics

Streetfighter pics Post up pics of streetfighters in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > cb500f from thailand. saw it on FB. dude wants 13,000 us for it (lol) neat bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:32 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default cb500f from thailand. saw it on FB. dude wants 13,000 us for it (lol) neat bike

[email protected] price, but very nice build.

dude just needs to bring that headlight up a skosh, fix his fork boots, and maybe mount the larger tire on the rear. not sure why he did that.

tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived tldave!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 01:43 AM   #2
Bad Officer
Fighter
Bad Officer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:32 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bad Officer is really niceBad Officer is really niceBad Officer is really niceBad Officer is really niceBad Officer is really niceBad Officer is really niceBad Officer is really nice
Default Re: cb500f from thailand. saw it on FB. dude wants 13,000 us for it (lol) neat bike

...it's a fine first step !

Bad Officer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Bad Officer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: cb500f from thailand. saw it on FB. dude wants 13,000 us for it (lol) neat bike

not long after i posted this I picked up a cbr500r

don't ever fucking bother buying the cb500f or a cbr500r.

cbr500 is 430lbs stock, 35hp.

its glorified ninja 500. just go buy a ninja 650 and save yourself the money, and get twice the bike.

I am flipping it, but damn it sucks. also, the 250s and 300s are way more fun since they weigh so much less.

only every buy one to flip if its 2k or less. horrible.

the new 500 rebel is supposed to be 50hp with the same motor, and 408 stock, which you could shave down and maybe get a respectable bike, but i dunno.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

They are pretty gutless for 500cc's. Punchy, but run out of steam quick. I was thinking you must really be able to feel those heavy tires on that engine. Honda has what?...like 5+ bikes all using that engine? And nobody raves about any of them. Honda needs to squeeze some more hp out of their 750 twin and leave that 500 alone. But for places with tiered licensing, I guess it makes sense.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #5
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:32 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I thought the Rebel was detuned

about the only applications I've seen for them are commuter bikes where you really care about mileage, and shoehorning them into CRF250L frames in order to have a reliable lump that isn't as shitty on the freeway

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #6
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Honda's definitely playing the mileage game. I thought the NC700/750's were cool, if a little dorky looking. 270 parallel twin with kick-ass storage and underseat fuel tank. Looked up reviews and guys are struggling to maintain 65 on the highway if there's a headwind or an incline. If there's both a headwind and an incline some reported having to shift down a gear to maintain 60mph. That's absolutely absurd for a 700+cc bike. But, they can knock down over 70mpg. Not a good platform for The States, at least.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
cbr500 is 430lbs stock, 35hp.
No, it isn't.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/r...fications.html

35kw = 46.6hp. It's built to that specifically for tiered licensing laws in Europe. Bearing in mind the old CB500 had near 60hp, it's not like Honda couldn't do better, and I'd be surprised if you couldn't get more out of it if you really wanted to.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2018, 11:45 PM   #8
tldave
CF Addict

In the us things are different sometimes, but I def had it wrong. I was reading it was 35hp some place, us website.

It is definitely a slow pig though. It might perk up if you did some stuff to it, but in reality it wouldn't be worth it unless you were in love with the styling.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2018, 04:57 AM   #9
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It's rumoured that it's a 54hp engine that's been restricted and a reflash could fix it, but still... They are indeed way too heavy for what they are. It's just laziness really, esp when you'd think it would be cheaper to use less materials and would push mpg even higher too.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter pics