Sunday at church: Mass of the Dirtbag 2019 - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sunday at church: Mass of the Dirtbag 2019

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
make that thing forkless
forks and valves... WTF?
Senior Fighterer
make that thing forkless's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Sunday at church: Mass of the Dirtbag 2019

Here's another quick post. I've been working very long hours (luckily my employer approved a week of vacation time this week) and it will be down to the wire getting the bike ready to ride by Friday morning. So this will be my last post until next week with a post-Dirtbag update.

Here's a few photos of the girder frontend coming together. Hopefully the photos are more or less self-explanatory (I'll try to add brief descriptions)....

Front legs getting notched on horizontal mill...

[IMG]20190727_180633 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190727_191703 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Starting to tack together. The cross bar at the bottom is temporary to aid with alignment and spacing distance. It will be chopped out later as it becomes captured during the welding process...

[IMG]20190728_092855 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190728_113524 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

The "wings" add stiffness and a little bit of unique style...

[IMG]20190728_153706 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190728_165255 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190728_170512 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Lower rocker and fork "legs" coming together...

20190809_195259 by andbike, on Flickr

Remember the pile of turned parts. Here's where some get used...

[IMG]20190810_132503 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Top caps for the fork legs...

[IMG]20190810_114828 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Finally after all this work I have something I can add to the bike

[IMG]20190810_134138 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190810_153715 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Those upper links need to be connected, but the tachometer is between them, so a hoop is made...

[IMG]20190810_175213 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190810_185445 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

And now the frontend is together and on the bike.

[IMG]20190810_153734 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190811_081504 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

With the DMV and related issues now taken care of and the new frontend added, its time to start chopping! Let the Dirtbagging begin

[IMG]20190811_104525 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

20190811_122915 by andbike, on Flickr

Stay tuned for more updates in a week or so.....
make that thing forkless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived make that thing forkless!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #12
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Down to the wire! Good luck, man. Stay focused
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2019, 10:33 PM   #13
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Have you ever ridden a bike with a front end shaped like that?
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2019, 04:28 AM   #14
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 04:03 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
He may be the only person who ever has!

Fwiw, I think it's brilliant. Heavy and complicated, but still brilliant. Baffles me just trying to figure out how it works. Can we get a video when you have time? Maybe a go pro pointing out over the front end?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-23-2019, 12:16 AM   #15
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I know who hossack is, and I suspect julian may know. I meant more about the shape of the fins.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2019, 04:10 PM   #16
make that thing forkless
forks and valves... WTF?
Senior Fighterer
make that thing forkless's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
I've now ridden about 370+ miles on the bike (front end). Although not perfect, it rides very well for something I designed and built in just a few weeks. Full Dirtbag Challenge event/ride report coming soon.

photo provided by the Dirtbag Challenge
make that thing forkless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2019, 06:11 PM   #17
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Woohoo! You made it! Looking forward to the rest when you have time. Been watching another thread on this and was curious if one of these asses were you
Attached Images

shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2019, 06:25 PM   #18
make that thing forkless
forks and valves... WTF?
Senior Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Woohoo! You made it! Looking forward to the rest when you have time. Been watching another thread on this and was curious if one of these asses were you
Uh hum... I can say that I did jump in the river in my underwear and it felt great after riding all afternoon in 90+ degree heat... but I happened to be back on shore when THAT photo was taken... so no Forkless ass in the photo.
This user High Fived make that thing forkless!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2019, 07:29 PM   #19
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I like the plump bottom in the lower left hand side!

And I looked and behold a pale horse. And the rider's name was Death.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #20
make that thing forkless
forks and valves... WTF?
Senior Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

I'm hoping to put together a full Dirtbag Challenge 2019 report within the next few days. Until then, here's another teaser photo

[IMG]IMG_0729 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes