Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #11
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:59 AM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

The RZ head tube will need a mounting point for the GSXR600 steering damper.

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #12
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

This website is just what I've been looking for. I've never seen so many completely sick bikes! - I've started by looking through the monthly contests and the pics are stunning. Thanks for bringing some added motivation to my project.

I found a very old photo of the full bike. This pic is soooo old it's an actual photograph- you know- from film, on actual paper---remember those?

Now, I have to apologize for the body color - but it seemed okay at the time....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Test fitting the GSXR forks:

Some of the pics aren't very good quality because they were taken at night - or maybe my photo skillz were impaired.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #14
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
your bike is coming along great. like to top clamp. all nice and shiny.

did you measure your bearings and races yourself or you got tech specs from other models?
I knew the RZ O.D. size because I previously converted the ball bearings to needle roller bearings, so I just had to use the I.D. from the GSXR stem. I found the bearings at All Balls Racing. You can find the bearing part # on their website, if you have the measurements.

The bottom side of the YanaShiki top clamp is visible, so instead of using a fender washer, I designed these custom caps to go on the bolts for the handlebar clamps. The flat edge is so that you don't see the caps through the cut-outs in the top clamp.

I still have to shape one to fit around the ignition switch mount - and also have to cut rubber washers to fit between the caps and the top clamp. Instead of the flange nut in the photo, I'm using anodized aluminum (sprocket) flange nuts with stainless steel inserts.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #15
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
yes...you can smoke here
Thanks!

Here are the EBC stainless rotors:

These rotor bolts are OEM, but Ti rotor bolts will be used for the final assembly.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #16
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Powerbronze front fender:

Didn't fit for shit!

One hour later:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #17
Smoker
BLACK BELT

The OEM rear rotor bolts were a little long for the dymag wheel, so I chopped them. [Even though they are temporary, I want them to look right.]

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Tires:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #19
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
damn how much money are you puttin into all this?
Honestly - if I kept track of that, this project wouldn't be interesting at all. It probably wouldn't even get done.

It's taken me a year of borrowing money to get this far. I have a neuticle lined up, since I've already given my left nut - and some bitch wants to put my liver on lay-away. I'm not even sure what that means.

I don't care if it'll buy me some carbon fiber.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #20
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Powerbronze sent a replacement, but it doesn't fit right, either. It's good enough, though.

I'll try to avoid Powerbronze in the future.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes