Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #31
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

I would prefer to drop the RZ engine in an existing supermoto bike, but I would have problems registering it here in California.

Not a WR250X
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #32
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:36 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLF*CKED View Post
IMO the bike you have pics of (not the aprillia) looks too flat with the rd frame
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I think the bodywork and seat are mounted a little too high on the frame. Looks like a clearance issue with the fuel tank and throttle cables which go into the top of the carbs. if the seat is the correct height, the handlebar needs to be raised up.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #33
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

stuntninja's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Flip Offs: 89
Flipped Off 93 Times in 69 Posts
stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Looks like an 02 CRF 250 to me. Or at least real close.

stuntninja is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #34
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

where'd the pic go?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #35
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntninja View Post
where'd the pic go?
Yeah - still trying to identify the year and model this bodywork came from.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #36
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Yeah - still trying to identify the year and model this bodywork came from.

pretty sure its honda body work...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #37
Smoker
BLACK BELT

I've been thinking about cloning a supermoto frame, using the headtube with the VIN from my RZ350 frame.

So I need to find out the rules for frame modification. Maybe the law doesn't allow the frame to be altered, I don't know.

I want to find out, legally - how much frame can I chop off of the serial numbers and how much new frame can I weld on?

The local CHP office is the perfect place to find out. The cops there are total ass holes. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #38
Houseoffubar
GixxaBandit12
Fighterer
Houseoffubar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:36 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Houseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friends

Do a nice job, and they'll never know!

Whats the worst that can happen?
Houseoffubar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #39
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseoffubar View Post
Do a nice job, and they'll never know!
I've run into plenty of cops over the years that know the RZ350.

Besides that, it may not be the best idea, anyway. If I want to use the Aprilia SXV/RXV swingarm - I'm definitely not buying one of those bikes and toss the engine! Those bikes are 10,000 USD new and 7,000 USD used.

I know a fabricator in Florida who already has an RZ350 frame, and said he could chop the Aprilia swingarm and weld on a new pivot tube to fit the RZ350. I still need to check the SXV swingarm length and cost.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntninja View Post
pretty sure its honda body work...
Looking through random supermoto pics and spotted this bodywork:

Still don't know the specific model and year.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes