Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Flints Project Testbed, RC51 discussion

51K views 377 replies 75 participants last post by  homer711 
#1 ·
discuss away

Reactions: 929_adam
#120 ·
well i got into autocad this semester and have taken like a fish to water with it.

thinkin bout changin my major i love it so much. but if im gonna make it what i do for a living im gonna go all the way for 3d modeling and maybe some machine work since i would rather makes parts and such instead of drawing houses all day like all my cousins do

#121 ·
thats cool. post up some of your drawings in the renderings thread once you get some. gotta love mechanical design

#122 ·
so far its mostly simple stuff im doin.

gonna try and design a simple police style push bumper for my silverado and maybe do an autocad rendering of a bike i wanna build later on.

i had one almost done then someone in my class stole my flash drive so that they could catch back up

#123 ·
zack you probably already know this but in case you dont.

on my monitor your 3d pics were blurry

if you press PrtScn then open pain and press Ctrl V it will put in a screen shot for you.

you're bike is looking great but i didn't doubt that it would.

#126 ·
lookks good dude:shocker:

hey look more of the famus zip ties on the floor there:LolLolLolLol:

#128 ·
yeah, its gonna be reeeeeaal close. I'm probably gonna cut some out of aluminum plate to make sure everything will fit before I cut them out of stainless

#130 ·
soooo the widening of the wheel...progress today??

also, have you found a place to x-ray it when you're done to be sure its all good?

#131 ·
haha. nope. lol. gonna have to trust the welder on that one. I'm just tacking it. gonna get a certified aircraft welder to finish weld it.

no progress on the wheel

#141 ·
we dont mind update from your phone bud, just as long as we get em :thumbsup:

#142 ·
I wouldn't care if they were updates from a Nintendo. BTW, I f-ing love spoked wheels.

#143 ·
that just might be possible!!!

Reactions: Fathead_03
#144 ·
That f2 tank fits nicely man! I love it. I also can't get over how much I love your bars.

On the tank, I'm sure you will be doing some metal work to it, but please take care of the pinch welds. Its something that bugs me. Also, if you want more defined lines, a simple piece of rod bent and welded along the lines makes them very hard, as I did to my tank.

This thing is gonna kick some serious ass.

#145 ·
that tank looks really good on there, I know you said you dont really have metal working tools but i think it would be easier than you think it is. It is obvious that you are a good craftsman and its easy to make a cheap sand bag and mallet set up.

Here is my idea
Put the airbox and the throttle bodies and stuff on that the tank is hitting now and tape some plastic down to it so everything is covered then cover all that with latex house paint and then lay like 3 layers of fiberglass on it. You should have a nice flowing shape that gives you an idea of what the bottom of the tank need to look like to fit on there. Trim up the fiberglass peice to about the sice of the tank after its all dry and shit then get some thin paper and make a pattern of the fiberglass peice and get some metal and cut it out. Now you know what the bottom of the tank needs to look like and you have a pattern of what size peice of metal you need. You can make a sand bag and use a rubber mallet and just beat metal around until you get what you need. You cant really fuck it up, if you bend it wrong bend it back, just keep beating the peice of shit till you have it right.

after you get your peice done cut out the bottom of the tank and take that and your fabbed peice to your welding buddy

i KNOW you can do this

#148 ·
That is basically what I said in another thread earlier, and what i am doing to hide the battery in my ninja chopper, except to save myself hours and hours of fab work, I found a heavy duty deep dish bread pan, and im going to cut a square out of the bottom of the tank, and weld that sukker in there to give me the room to hide the battery inside the tank cavity.

I guess what Im saying is....fing something premade to save yourself a ton of work. Look at a bib wide deep mixing bowl. they are like 8 bucks and jigsaw it all apart to the size you need, and BAM save your ass like 10 hours of fab work, and who cares what it looks like, its under your tank! LOL!

#146 ·
I'm planning on glassing a two piece tank and lining it. If all else fails I'll break out the hammer and sandbag and buy an english wheel. But I wanna do a composite tank so that I can develope my skills to do a cf tank eventually. I'll do a bladder and or a lining.

#149 ·
hey bro, i was looknig at ur thread and the last pic u posted and the bolts on the bars gave me an idea thta i wanted to shoot at yea

they reminded me of led's, i was thinking it would look cool if ya put the blinkers in the bars with some led's. maybe like the kind that light up in sequence... just a thought

#150 ·
nice as always. I'm jealous. If i could have just found a job with machine acess life would be a whole lot easier:) Like aparently many people on here i'm a big fan of spoked wheels. I'm sort of conviced that with sufficient engineering a set of spokers could be made super light even by dynamag and bst stds.

Wat kind of matl are you going to weld in to widen the rim? Is there any way you can clamp the hub into the tailstock/backside live chuck on a lathe and turn it running on its own spindle so that you can give yourself a true surface between the flanges to assist you in clamping it back together with a spacer?

#153 ·
The rim is mild steel, so I'll be welding in mild steel.

Not sure I follow your logic on facing the hub. The jig is as square, plumb and straight as possible to both the hub face and the axle bore. When I checked it TIR was about .001".

#155 ·
yea u missed mine so ill post it again:

copy & paste:
hey bro, i was looking at ur thread and the last pic u posted and the bolts on the bars gave me an idea thta i wanted to shoot at yea

they reminded me of led's, i was thinking it would look cool if ya put the blinkers in the bars with some led's. maybe like the kind that light up in sequence... just a thought

#158 ·
Good idea! But I'm probably not running brinkers at all. Sorry I missed it the first time around

Reactions: 929_adam
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.