The new project - TLS w/SSSA - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #71
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:40 AM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: The new project - TLS w/SSSA

i really want a moped to cafe' out.

http://creaturesoftheloin.com/images...cer_magnum.jpg

obviously thats a sachs but i have seen people doing it with FA50's and cx110's.

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #72
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 1 Post
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all

Okay. Popped the splash mold off my donor tail. It came off fucking miraculously easy. The wax and Partall film worked beyond my wildest expectations.

I found that the splash mold is thin in a couple of places because I missed a couple of areas with multiple layers. I am pretty sure I could do the other side and it would be fine, but...

Due to the ease with which this worked (and I have 3 days off here). I am going to go ahead and re-prep the donor tail, re-glass it with more layers (cut a little better this time) and give it a proper go.

Future plans with this? Once I make a splash mold, I will then make a plug (a buck, a positive part) to work into the final shape. I bought 2-part foam from TAP plastics and I am going to fill the buck in areas where I am doing significant shaving. Once that is done, we will start all over for a final part.

I guess I could have gone the foam route (and nothing says I won't have to) but I really wanted to try this for my own sake and for the sake of practice. Note: This time went waaaaaay better than those gill-like ribs I was planning on the 600 back when. So repeating this is good for my skill set.

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...
alatus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived alatus!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #73
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all

Okay, update time. The original splash mold was too thin. I made another one. It also wasn't good enough, so I made third. It turned out great. I made two bucks out of this mold. The first sucked, the second turned out good enough to start fucking around with.

Mold:

First buck:

Lastest buck in the splash mold:

New buck:

Next step is to mix a little 2-part foam and back the areas I intend to shave.
If this fails, I am going to go ahead and try sculpting a foam buck.

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #74
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Thats coming out great!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #75
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

real damn nice.
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #76
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

I'm impressed!

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #77
SquidVicious
theman themyth thelegend
SquidVicious's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Flip Offs: 154
Flipped Off 97 Times in 58 Posts
SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SquidVicious is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

tail looks sick man
SquidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2010, 05:50 AM   #78
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Thanks, guys.

Okay, so I know there have been a couple of threads talking about using two-part non-flexible foam.

There are a couple of things to consider with this mixture:

1) Once mixed, significant heat is released as a by-product of the reaction. If you have a form or have material that will come into contact with the foam as it sets up - make sure it will not deform under the heat (and I mean hot to the touch kind of heat).

2) When the directions say mix until it looks like coffee and then immediately apply it - they mean IMMEDIATELY. Expansion rate is... robust.

3) DO NOT try and 'contain' as it expands. I ruined the first tail because I tried to dam the lower part to contain the foam. DO NOT do this - it'll blow out your mold.

4) Make the number of pours higher and amounts lower, if possible. I did the tail below with three pours (tip of the tail and then the two sides). Each pour was 4oz of each part.

5) Have acetone ready to clean off spills. The foam dissolves in acetone. I usually acetone directly into the mixing cup (about 1/3) and run the mixer in there. A few seconds and clean as a whistle.

Essential tools:

Essential chemicals:

Et voila!

I imagine I will trim some tomorrow, but the other half has upped my op-tempo on the wedding stuff (T-minus 3 days).

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #79
SMF_12
Not A Plastic Copy
Fighter
SMF_12's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:40 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
SMF_12 is a good noobieSMF_12 is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xci.ed6 View Post
What is that?

If you still have the RR tail in a month I may be interested. Do you have the subframe? I saw this bike and I think I have to change mine.

Thats my mates bike, hell of alot of work, time, money, blood, sweat, tears and jizz gone into that bike!!

Also the TL is looking good, the work thats gone into it is brilliant and i cant wait to see it finished!!
SMF_12 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #80
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Got some time today to DW:

The marking out of lines:

I chopped the unnecessary pieces off:

This is what I started with:

A quick shape:

And finally ended up with this:

Yes, it is a little crooked because the lens is being held in with finish nails as a mock-up.

Used a Dremel to begin the seating for the tail light:

Here's the difference:

Questions? Comment? Advice?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes