GSXR 1100 K strip and rebuild questions - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GSXR 1100 K strip and rebuild questions

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2019, 05:31 PM   #1
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:40 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default GSXR 1100 K strip and rebuild questions

as titled, i have never done a full strip down so got questions for you experts...

1st one, do i need to remove the starter clutch to split the cases, and if i do can it be done with out using the special tool with the three prongs??

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:40 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: GSXR 1100 K strip and rebuild questions

pretty sure no , its on end of crank , just leave on crank
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #3
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
pretty sure no , its on end of crank , just leave on crank
cheers yan, wasn't sure if there was any hidden bolts behind it. been looking at diagrams all afternoon couldnt seen any thing.

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

So now I have K series cases in front of me I'm pretty sure the engine I had originally was not a k series as there is a few differences (different numbers on the cases and a few miner visual differences). What problems am I likely to run into (bottom end) taking parts from let say bandit 12 ( if that's it ) and putting them in K series cases ??

I made the assumption that it was k series based of the 78mm pistons but it could of been any of the 1127 monitors

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #5
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Forgot pictures

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:40 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

engine number should let you trace model
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #7
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
engine number should let you trace model
The complete engine I have, is stamped with a 600 engine number. That's about as far as I want to dig into the history of that hence the rebuild in to 1100/1200 cases. No other reason for doing it. Likely chance of tracing it's origin is slim as it's been sat in brother in-laws shed for 10years and was brought of "some bloke" from that London

Quote:
This user High Fived titan!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power