Mak's CX500 build... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Mak's CX500 build...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2020, 08:24 PM   #1
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
Local Time: 01:24 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all
Default Mak's CX500 build...

First half of it, anyway. I'll update as I progress.

https://youtu.be/sI9T1VdC9Fw
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived makenzie71!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2020, 10:25 PM   #2
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Flip Offs: 311
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Mak's CX500 build...

Good vid

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

Thanks!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2020, 11:48 AM   #4
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

I liked the "didn't look homeless enough" comment!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #5
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

trying to figure out rearsets...planning on using these R6R pieces. They feel good and seem like they'll fit the bill just fine but man do they look "wide". It's like little wings stilling out from the back.

The heel guards will be removed.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-12-2020, 10:49 PM   #6
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

Bit miffed...I've been held up really getting the headers and done because I was waiting for mufflers and I needed to get those positioned before I could really get the pipes in place. And I was held up on pegs because I'm going to have to make them around the exhaust...and the pegs and tray are all I got left to set in place before I can do finish welding, drop the engine, and paint the frame. I had to wait three weeks for the mufflers. I really wanted this left exist high mount dual can setup...I had something real similar with my first CX and I loved it.

But after FINALLY getting the cans in and building the bracket to hold them so I could line up the plumbing...I'm not sure I like it as much as I thought I would.

I'll probably mount very similarly to how they're mounted stock :/...which isn't bad, just isn't as interesting as I wanted it to be.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-12-2020, 11:38 PM   #7
MikeGyver

Can you get them closer together?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-12-2020, 11:51 PM   #8
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

No the flanges won't let me get them closer. I could close the flanges off but I don't think it'll really solve the issue. I think they would need to be closer together and lower, but it'll interfere with my legs and ankles.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-13-2020, 08:06 AM   #9
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Well, just my opinion, but I think they would look better angled more steeply, say to where the slash cut at the end of the muffler is perpendicular to the ground.

And also yes, closer together.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #10
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I think that's not where the exhaust ends up. It's going to take a long auld drainpipe to get out to that position.

What about like this?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived a_morti!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers