Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 57 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2020, 07:00 PM   #561
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:53 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Finally got this old girl back together. Finally finished doing up the brakes and ordered a decal kit. Bad thing about powdercoating the brakes is now the fork lowers and swinger look all snotty.

Spent quite some time working on this old tank so making a horse for it was a real help.

Quite annoying that the seat cover is the wrong color red. But she started up easily and is running good. Almost afraid to scratch it at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apUmP...ature=youtu.be
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2020, 07:09 PM   #562
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:53 PM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Those brakes look good! Did you use high temp powder?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2020, 10:43 PM   #563
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Those brakes look good! Did you use high temp powder?
Technically, no. But the powder cooks at 420, so it can take some heat. The headpipes are done in high temp stuff. Curious to see if that holds up.

Edit: you'd be hard pressed to get dirt bike brakes calipers all that hot in the first place
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2020, 01:50 AM   #564
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

I know nothing about dirt bikes

...but now I do.

Do you use a full size oven or toaster oven?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2020, 11:28 PM   #565
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

There's a picture of the oven on the previous page. It's not real big, but I can do a 17" wheel in there. Inline 4 cases will also fit. It's right at 18" x 18", but I forget how tall. Probably 12-14"?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #566
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Actually, the oven is showing in that last picture. The gray box above the trash bag.

I'm so smart
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #567
MikeGyver

That looks like a fancy one! I just have some household oven I found on the side of the road. No joke. Drove home with it hanging out of my trunk cause I didn't have ropes or bungee cords.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #568
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Yeah, it's an expensive oven, but I don't know why. My house over heats much faster. Of course, being 120v doesn't help. But I lucked in to the setup cheap. Oven, gun, few bottles of powder, couple rolls of 'glass tape and a Tupperware container full of silicone plugs for under 300 bucks. I don't really remember what I paid, but it was a buddy's old rig he didn't use anymore.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #569
MikeGyver

I'd say that is a killer deal!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2020, 12:17 AM   #570
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Trusty, the XR400 got showered with a little love recently. Been bashing this thing around for 3 years now and it hasn't asked for anything but tires and oil. So I slapped on a Mikuni flatside. I tell ya what, even beside the addition of an accelerator pump ( I'm in love) the flatslides just hit harder. The throttle response at any rpm is just instant.

The kit as it arrived to me.

The Mikuni has a 40mm spigot where the stock Keihin was 42mm in to the carb boot. Pretty disappointed in that as the supplied carb only came with a preinstalled adapter ( beautifully made and fitted) on the airbix side. So I turned up my own adapter for the intake manifold side.

Can't blame the bike for this. Don't reuse head gaskets! Had to do a thread repair, reused a head gasket I'd been riding on for two years and forgot about it. Oops. It gave me another year of riding though, before I started hearing an odd squeaking noise under hard throttle

Everything still looking tight and fresh inside.

One cylinder. Eight rocker arms. You go, Honda!

Been running the stronger CRF450 cam chain. Cam gear seems happy with no unusual wear....

...so let's throw some extra stress on that 22 year old valvetrain

Oh yeah, she's got some extra hooch now! Quick tuning test rides with the new goodies tells me I'm gonna need to replace my rear tire sooner rather than later.
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis