Buell 2.0 - New Buell, New Project - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Buell 2.0 - New Buell, New Project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
purpony
Fighterer
purpony's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
purpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 
Default Buell 2.0 - New Buell, New Project

New Year, New Build..... Ive been building my current Buell since 2008 and although the mods will more then likely never end, Ive picked up a new bike so build!

Its a 1996 Buell S1 Lightning, the model before my current 1999 Buell X1 Lightning-

Here is my current 1999-

and here is the New Build-

My Buell Build on CustomFighters.com - --> Click Here <--
My second and newer build - --> Click Here <--

-1999 Buell X1
-1996 Buell S1
-1989 Mustang Twin Turbo
-1998 EB V8 Explorer AWD
-2006 EB V6 Explorer 4x4
-2002 Focus SE
-2014 Flex Twin Turbo
purpony is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived purpony!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
purpony
Fighterer
purpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Buell 2.0 - New Buell, New Project

many plans rolling around in my head but for now im planning on stripping it completely down for all new fresh powder coat on the frame and engine cases. Its going to get a late model Buell XB top end with heads, and a set of X1 cams.
Body parts will stay stock but custom painted. Will be upgraded with late model XB forks and an XB swingarm which will change it from the under mount pull shock to a standard upper mono. This is also the swingam with the built in oil tank so i can eliminate the factory plastic tank. Will also be getting a set of EBR wheels, custom rear drive pulley, Perimeter brake, EBR 8 pot front caliper and Brembo 4 pot rear, some wiring changes, etc..... more to come as i stripe it down for a full custom rebuild.

-1999 Buell X1
-1996 Buell S1
-1989 Mustang Twin Turbo
-1998 EB V8 Explorer AWD
-2006 EB V6 Explorer 4x4
-2002 Focus SE
-2014 Flex Twin Turbo
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

all sounds like a good plan boss
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That belt drive must be sooo nice. Jealous.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
purpony
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
That belt drive must be sooo nice. Jealous.
I was going to machine a cush drive and convert this bike to a true chain setup (it currently has a chain drive on it with no cush)...... BUT after seeing how nasty and greasy it is... I LOVE MY BELT on my other bike.... so i think ill run a belt on this new one as well (the new one stck should be belt)...... The belt works great, quiet, maintenance free, and clean!!!!!!!!!!!!

-1999 Buell X1
-1996 Buell S1
-1989 Mustang Twin Turbo
-1998 EB V8 Explorer AWD
-2006 EB V6 Explorer 4x4
-2002 Focus SE
-2014 Flex Twin Turbo
This user High Fived purpony!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Rub it in, bro
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #7
purpony
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

been slowly working on the new bike when i have time. Its mostly stripped down and i hope to build an engine stand for it this weekend so i can remove the wheels, rear swingarm, and forks.

Just finished mocking up the new late model Buell XB swingarm into the older style tube framed swingarm mount.
The white pieces are 3D printed spacers that will soon to be machined from 7075 aluminum. These get pressed into the swingarm where the original bearings were and widens the swingarm and holds the older style tapered roller bearings. This allows the XB swingarm to bolt on. Next up is fitting this and then designing a top shock mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180117_225153.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	99618   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180117_225159.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	99620   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180117_225203.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	99622   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180117_225214.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	99624  

-1999 Buell X1
-1996 Buell S1
-1989 Mustang Twin Turbo
-1998 EB V8 Explorer AWD
-2006 EB V6 Explorer 4x4
-2002 Focus SE
-2014 Flex Twin Turbo
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #8
purpony
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Also have a Billet Metmachex swingarm on the way for my original X1 build!!!

-1999 Buell X1
-1996 Buell S1
-1989 Mustang Twin Turbo
-1998 EB V8 Explorer AWD
-2006 EB V6 Explorer 4x4
-2002 Focus SE
-2014 Flex Twin Turbo
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #9
mthure
Noobie
mthure's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:59 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
mthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of light

How are you gonna adjust the belt tension with the late model swing arm?
mthure is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #10
purpony
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Buell belts are supposed to run "scary" loose.... with that said, I'm going to have to play around with pulley tooth count / pulley diameter, belt length, and a XB style "tensioner" pulley. A friend of mine has already gone through this on his Tube framed buell with an XB swingarm so I have a good amount of info to start with.

My other option is to run my Buell XB race swingarm which has an adjustable axle. Thing is.... the XB swingarm adds 2" to the stock wheelbase, the Race swingarm adds 4".

-1999 Buell X1
-1996 Buell S1
-1989 Mustang Twin Turbo
-1998 EB V8 Explorer AWD
-2006 EB V6 Explorer 4x4
-2002 Focus SE
-2014 Flex Twin Turbo

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes