Koso DB03R - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Product Reviews

Product Reviews If you have purchased a motorcycle related product recently, let us know what you think of it!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Koso DB03R

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #21
CraZKenE13
Sick of being frozen
CF Addict
CraZKenE13's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Koso DB03R

Kinda on topic, I've got the db01r plus and everything works great on my cbrf2, obviously not the CEL, or fuel light as the 94 is not equipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Quality of life is always the first consideration. I'm 41 now and finally realizing that money truly does not buy happiness

Work to live, NOT live to work
CraZKenE13 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CraZKenE13!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2016, 06:26 AM   #22
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Do you have a pic of the wiring on the back of the unit?

One of the things I really like about the 3R is how they pulled all the wiring into one big weatherproof connector.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2016, 07:29 AM   #23
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

think that's what I'm fitting to Deeks bike, it has one big plug under the right hand side. I'll check tonight
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #24
CraZKenE13
Sick of being frozen
CF Addict
CraZKenE13's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CraZKenE13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Do you have a pic of the wiring on the back of the unit?

One of the things I really like about the 3R is how they pulled all the wiring into one big weatherproof connector.
Sorry for the late reply, yes the 01+ has 1 big connector (sorry for the shit picture)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160906_170601[1].jpg
Views:	146
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	88682

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Quality of life is always the first consideration. I'm 41 now and finally realizing that money truly does not buy happiness

Work to live, NOT live to work
CraZKenE13 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #25
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Cool, thanks!

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2020, 06:16 AM   #26
Auser6guy
Fighter
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Im wiring one of these up on my bike. Looks amazing. COmpact and feature packed.
I have one issue i need to sort out though.
The speed sensor connection

The bike has a two wire connection and the KOSO has a three wire speed sensor connection. ITs been done before on the older DB01r, but theyve since changed the colour code on the wiring.

One is apparently +12v, another is GND and one wire is the signal. Problem.... which is which ?
Blue with red stripe is probably +12v
Blue with White Stripe ? Signal
White with Black stripe ? GND ???
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2020, 06:55 AM   #27
Auser6guy
Fighter
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I found the answer on the Honda GROM forum of all places
https://www.hondagrom.net/threads/ko...grom-msx.5636/

White black ( speed sensor ground )
Blue Red ( speed sensor power )
Blue White ( speed signal )
This user High Fived Auser6guy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 06:56 AM   #28
Auser6guy
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Settings and wiring guide for a Kawasaki ER650f/n 2010

the settings that you need to make it all work- some may work on other kwakas
Wheel diameter - 1970mm(i may need to tweak this but for a standard 160 tyre its correct)
Sensor points - 12P (these are on front drive sprocket) it has a single pickup but that spikes 12 times every rotation OF THE WHEEL (ROUGHLY 3:1 SPROCKET RATIO) of the back wheel which is 1970mm
Pistons - 2P
Coil setting - Hi
Fuel sender range - 200 ohm but appears to read a little high and I may revert back to 100 ohm
Attached Images

This user High Fived Auser6guy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #29
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Nice, good work!

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Product Reviews