Hack to thrash - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hack to thrash

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:44 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Hack to thrash

So, my long term 'hack' bike is getting a new lease of life, although it probably isn't going to be too happy about it...

After I sold my CCM Supermoto when I was made redundant when Streetfighters magazine folded, I needed a cheap ride, so bought a damaged repairable SV650 for 600 quid. It got used and abused for the following four years, with just oil changes, tyres and a set of Fatbars fitted in place of the standard clip-ons, the fairing trimmed and some heated grips fitted.

But last Autumn I decided that it was high time that I did something interesting, so the SV is getting some treatment, and being prepped as a track bike, for track days, Minitwins racing and hopefully some tarmac hillclimbs too.
So far, the bodywork is off, the standard can is off, some race rearsets have been fitted and a Honda Hornet race nosecone lined up for the pointy end.
Pics soon.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MDM!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hack to thrash

If it's any help, the SV is hiding at the back of this pic...
https://image.ibb.co/bxSke5/timesponge.jpg
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #3
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

that bikes served you well
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 04:11 AM   #4
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

It has indeed Yan - all over the UK, to the TT three times (I think), and only problem it's given me has been turning into a 325cc vee single on the way back from the Bulldog Bash in pissing rain one year.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #5
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

cosy shop you have there . Looks like a great place to hangout and work.

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #6
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

It's far better now Robbo, with the walls all painted, electrics in, carpet on the floor, racking up, stereo plumbed in, even a telly to play TT DVDs... Only need to finish the wood burner to make it a bit more cosy, and get a steel top for the work table...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

party at Dave's
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

So I got hold of a cheapo silicon hose kit, and this is the bar fairing that was intended for a bike in the Honda Hornet race series.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	113.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	719.9 KB
ID:	103940  
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #9
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

And I blagged the bottom half of a faring to cut down into a bellypan - race bikes in ACU road race series need to have a 'sump' that can catch any leaking fluids, so I have to fit one...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	710.7 KB
ID:	103942  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2019, 10:16 AM   #10
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

And I've got some cheap race rearsets as well, which may get a little bit of attention to lighten them. It'sa race gearshift too, and I'm not sure how I feel about that...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	112.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	767.5 KB
ID:	103944  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes