Hack to thrash - Page 14 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hack to thrash

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2019, 02:00 AM   #131
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:58 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Hack to thrash

That hornet nose looks the business, got my vote

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TURNIP!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2019, 08:59 AM   #132
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

And it looks like it'll be the one that I'm going with Turnip ;-)
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 05:09 AM   #133
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

I got my caliper rebuild kit from Powerhouse - contains seals, stainless steel pistons, stainless bleed nipples, rubber grommets and red rubber grease, and got both calipers rebuilt and back on the bike, but not bolted up and bled yet as I'm waiting until my new race pads arrive...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_130828.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	837.7 KB
ID:	105078  
This user High Fived MDM!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 05:15 AM   #134
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

The Hornet nose cone has had a treat too - the class I plan to race in demands a numberboard of a set colour, so that has to be done, and I marked out the areea with fineline tape, masked off the rest and sprayed on the yellow.
That area was then mased over, and the rest uncovered, before some Volvo Grey (they only dark grey I could find that wasn't a metallic) was laid on, and then the masking was all taken off and a couple of coats of acquer applied.
It's not a bad job, for me, not professional but there's no reactions or orange peel, and with a bit of fine sanding and some polish it should be okay I guess.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190502_210551_resized.jpg
Size:	407.9 KB
ID:	105080   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190502_210750_resized.jpg
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	105082   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190517_201947.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	105084   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190517_202158.jpg
Size:	929.3 KB
ID:	105086  
These people High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2019, 03:58 AM   #135
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

New brake pads landed, slipped into the calipers and time to bleed them up. Where the fuck has that brake fluid gone... oh fuffucksake...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2019, 04:49 AM   #136
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

sensing a pattern here boss
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #137
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Indeed Yan. I'm starting to get paranoid that some pesky wee fucker is breaking into the garage at night and robbing stuff that I'll need the very next day.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2019, 07:00 AM   #138
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Not much happened, aside from getting the wiring sorted so it now runs no ignition key - kill switch is all that turns it on/off - no lights with the exception of a rear rain light etc, all undertaken by the wonderful Vizman, artist, tattooist and wiring magician...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #139
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Sweet FA been done, apart from sneaking up on it and getting it started one day last week. brum brum.
Now have some loominum to make up a battery box, and got a fibreglass front mudguard that needs some brackets making, just as soon as I can find some time that isn't taken up by work...
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 05:51 AM   #140
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Having fucked about with the poxy bit of seat foam that I got with the tail unit, which was only 10mm thick, I decided that I needed thicker foam so bought some 20mm thick that had the added bonus of having a peel-off sticky backing. Cut to the right shape using a cheapo hole saw and a stanley blade, and then roughly shaped with a flap wheel in the grinder and then some sandpaper, it's not perfect but it is a race bike... if I spent hours making it perfect you can guarantee that I'll spill acetone on it.
I also had a look at the (out of shape) front mudguard that I want to fit, which'll need some brackets...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190728_164324.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	105650   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190728_164359.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	839.7 KB
ID:	105652  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes