Hack to thrash - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hack to thrash

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #31
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:29 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hack to thrash

Thanks Junkie, I'll check what the 2nd Gen cams are that I've got (I have a pair), fingers crossed that they'e both inlet...
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #32
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
I think that would only be of benefit with a modified airbox, which I can't do if I'm going to race in any of the Minitwin classes...
a lot of the things they had me do would disqualify you I reckon, skimming barrels, reworking busa pistons, taking off the magnets and machining down rotor assembly / generator thingy, drill out oil gallery and fit cooler to first gen bike ,
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #33
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

opening up the intake side of the filter, aka desnorkeling, doesn't require any work on the airbox itself. http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/.../Project81.jpg hopefully that works, just a google image search result.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #34
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Yep, all of those would get a slapped wrist Yan! As would desnorkelling Junkie! Can't even raise the front of the fuel tank...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #35
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

you aren't allowed to swap air filter for something that bolts right into your stock components?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #36
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Yeah, you can run an aftermarket air filter, but airbox must remains 100% standard ;-)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #37
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

so part of the air filter is considered the airbox?

the image I linked above shows just the filter. the filter element itself is permanently attached to the plastic part that's modified.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 06:23 AM   #38
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Read into this as you will, but desnorkelling is frowned upon:-

10 Air Box / Carburation / Fuel Injection

10.1 The air box may not be altered or replaced from that fitted to the homologated motorcycle.

10.2 The air filter element must be fitted but may be replaced with an after market item.

10.3 The air box inlet rubbers may not be removed or altered.

10.4 Carburettors must be the standard units as on the homologated model. Throttle bodies for fuel-injected machines must be as on the homologated model.

10.5 Carburettor jets and needles may be replaced. Resizing of the air metering holes in CV carburettors slide control is permitted. No other alterations are permitted to the air intake or carburation system.

10.6 Bell mouths may not be added, altered or replaced from those fitted to the homologated motorcycle.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #39
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

I would argue that replacing the air filter element with an aftermarket one is perfectly fine, and you can get aftermarket ones that're desnorkeled from the factory.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #40
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:29 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

who the fuck is looking under your gas tank? just do what you want.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes