FZR 600 RR Build - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FZR 600 RR Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2019, 05:56 PM   #21
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:44 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FZR 600 RR Build

Valves cleaned & lapped. Had to replace one intake valve. New seals & gaskets:

Valve clearances are all within spec. Everything is torqued up to book spec.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #22
Dman1320
Here to F stuff up
Fighter
Dman1320's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:44 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud ofDman1320 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
660 is YZF jugs/pistons with FZR crank. Using FZR rods means deck height is correct without a spacer IIRC, but you need to enlarge the small end a bit. You can use either set of cases IIRC. YZF rods can be made to work but then you need to run a spacer under the jug.

and that's pretty much the exact front end I'd run, it's been a long time since I looked at swingarms so I'm not sure there.
As for the 660, the two most common way I saw of doing it that keep you from needing a 3mm base gasket was either to bore the fzr rods small end to fit the wrist pin for the YZF pistons, supposedly 1mm.

The other way was to get Fazer 600 rods, or FZH if I remember correctly, which were supposedly the right length and wrist pin bore without needing any machining. Never did come across a successful case of that being done though since that was a europe only bike, could be worth looking at if you ever go down that road.
Dman1320 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Dman1320!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2019, 06:24 PM   #23
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thank you for that. I will keep it in mind & keep a look out for these bits

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2019, 05:58 PM   #24
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Got Thundercat clocks:

Cable-driven speedo got the chop:

FZR1k pivot narrowed:

Cat air box doesn't fit the frame:

Apparently there isn't enough room above the 600 engine for the 3TJ box and it doesn't fit the carbs anyways... so pods or custom I guess. I suppose this was always gonna need custom jetting.

Got silver spot calipers:

They're in good shape but.......:

They're missing the anti-rattle pads springs

I can't find any and Yamaha wants stupid money. Any idea on aftermarket ones???

This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #25
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I don't run them on mine and don't notice any rattles

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #26
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:44 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

on most of the cars I work on, they come with a new set of pads (at least the decent ones). Maybe check to see if a new set has them included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 04:02 PM   #27
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I don't run them on mine and don't notice any rattles
Why not? Coz you don't have them either? I'll run without until I find some then

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
on most of the cars I work on, they come with a new set of pads (at least the decent ones). Maybe check to see if a new set has them included?
Good point. I will investigate that when I'm pad shopping.

Pressed in some riser spacer bits I had made up by UltraTurn:

(bars may vary)

Lookin pretty good I think. Then I suddenly thought Oh Shit! What if the forks don't fit?

Shishkebabs it's close.

Oh Shit! Will there be enough room for the stem nut???? Maybe.

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #28
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

they were being a PITA to get back in so I tried it without them and didn't see any downsides

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2019, 05:48 PM   #29
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Chopped and stretched the R6 exhaust:

Got the rear light I wanted:

I'm hoping it will look a bit better than the 3TJ one which looks like this:

I'm not into it.

This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #30
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

weld a new balance pipe in with down pipes clamped in head ?
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes