FZR 600 RR Build - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FZR 600 RR Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #31
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:32 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FZR 600 RR Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
weld a new balance pipe in with down pipes clamped in head ?
Possibly. I need to see if there's enough room. I've read that the front wheel might hit it. I've tacked a couple of bits of flat bar in where the wooden wedges were for now.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #32
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Welded a rod across the pipes to keep them where they need to be:

Removed and refitted a few times and it's looking good. Hopefully it fits just as good when it's not upside-down:

Then I got tired:

sorry.

Got this tail panel. Luckily it's pretty fucked so I'm not sad about cutting it to fit the light I want:

TBH I wanted to fit it at the bottom of the panel but this was much easier

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #33
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Fitted carb rubbers:

Also fitted new exhaust studs:

They're a bit long but apparently they are unused spares from the factory Aston Martin GT race team so I think it'd be rude not to use them. I might cut them down but they're so pretty...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2019, 04:50 AM   #34
sepang
ไบรอัน
CF Lover
sepang's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:32 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 5 Posts
sepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
Thundercat carbs:

No idea on condition - the covers have been drilled off the mixture screws so they've been played with by someone. I've got no interest running the heating circuit so that will go.
Read on a TCat forum that it you could run pods if you used pre 97 FZR600 carbs on those engines
sepang is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2019, 05:40 AM   #35
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepang View Post
Read on a TCat forum that it you could run pods if you used pre 97 FZR600 carbs on those engines
Thank you, Sepang. I'm undecided atm. I think I need to wait until the engine is in the frame and I have the tank so I can see if I can get an airbox to work. If not, it will need to be the older carbs you've mentioned coz they vent to atmosphere instead of being connected to the air intake. Either way, it's gonna need jetting to suit.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #36
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Welded new lamp mounts to subframe:

Made me an aluminium-shafted, rose-jointed shifter coz the one I got with the peg mounts is crap:

Shelved the blue spot caliper for the minute in favour of keeping things moving - got FZR1K EXUP caliper:

What's the chances that the nipples snap off flush?

They got their money out of their pads!:

FZR1k rear wheel & R6 5EB front:

Bit different but once the discs are on I don't think it'll be too noticeable.

Got 3TJ shock:

I know there's plenty of shocks that will fit but I'll save that for a mini project later on.

Stock Triumph levers:

Wheels, subframe & sidestand have now gone for powder

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #37
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:32 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The nipples always snap off on those! Heat. All of the heat, before you even try it cold.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2019, 07:40 AM   #38
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
The nipples always snap off on those! Heat. All of the heat, before you even try it cold.

Pistons are as far out as I can push em too:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #39
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Man this caliper is a mess:

I got a great condition carrier for it:

And then realised it's for a 17mm axle but mine is 20.........

So now kinda regretting not moving forward with the blue spot project. But whatever. I can drill the carrier and do a quick rebuild on the caliper and think about an upgrade whenever.

Was gonna make aluminium links but found stainless ones so cheap I couldn't resist:

Swingarm is ready to rock:

FZR RR Shock, link & pivot - all other bits here FZR1k.

3 piece tail is becoming 1:

Clocks trimmed and GPS speedo same size as fuel gauge:

Really not too sure how I'm going to fit these together or how they will mount to the bike yet.

Lower triple painted and new bearing & bolts fiited. Adjustable Triumph lever fitted to a perch I had in stock. I'm missing the clutch switch though

Took carb #1 apart:

All stock except the mixture screws had been adjusted to 2 turns out - I have read that the screws are adjusted in the factory for lowest emissions and then capped and owners find that driveability is compromised and so remove the caps and adjust the screws evenly.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2019, 02:46 AM   #40
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:32 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

My various cb-1s had a 1 piece tail stock. You had to flex it just a little to get it over the frame and regulator. Over time they always cracked in the corner where you have to flex them a bit. Never had that on a CBR900 with 3 piece tail.

Those calipers always do that, had it on a couple of xj600s. One got so loose after a few scrape outs, the dust seal popped past the piston.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes