FZR 600 RR Build - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FZR 600 RR Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #51
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FZR 600 RR Build

Needed to make up a bracket to hold the new speedo & the original rev counter & temp guage:

Had no steel bar thin enough so I cut a 1.5mm sheet into strips and put it together:

Drilled & tapped the top yoke:

I was hoping to fit it closer to the yoke but I want to keep the steering lock and if the idiot lights are any closer to the ignition, I can't turn the key!

I'll paint it black to hide it a bit & hope it works for me until I get a Daytona or whatever.

R1 clevis is 6mm but the pedal is 8mm so I had this black stainless adapter made up:

Got stock plugs:

Had swingarm bearing caps laser cut in stainless:

Finished up rear caliper:

Then a box came from Japan!:

Stock 3TJ seat, undertray & bolts etc. & R6 5SL front fender which I hope will fit my 5EB forks.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #52
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Painted black and taped up the bit by the connections to prevent any shorting:

Front end is coming together:

The fuel pump rubber mount is NLA but I found one in great condition, complete with pump, filter and pipes:

I'll probs replace everything but the mount but at least I'll have spares I guess.

I'm not having a lock barrel on the tail so I needed a way to bolt the pillion down so I had a stainless top hat made up:

this will press against a bit of stainless flat bar between the seat base & foam which will then rest on top of aluminim box section which will be bolted to the subframe.. Thats my plan.

Got tank:

It's got a couple of dents but it's rust free:

It didn't come with mounts, they're NLA and I can't find any. So I've picked up some from an R1:

The insert is actually a 3TJ part so that doesn't need any work but the rubbers are gonna need shaving to fit which might get done next week

Struggling to decide what colour this bikes gonna be. So far I've been dead set on red.. Then it was white.. Then black. Really not sure now.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #53
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

So there were brackets to cut off the frame for the bodywork, radiator & choke lever as well as some adjustments to make to fit the 600 engine and I kept putting it off coz it seems a shame to do this to such a good frame. Then I was thinking maybe I should ditch the streetfighter idea and go for full fairings but it's not what I want.
Instead I picked up a more suitable frame from an unrecorded-crashed bike.
It's slightly battered and some mounts had been welded up. I also had to redrill the lower engine mounts:

I've got no problem messing with this one and I'll keep hold of the better one for now.

So it begins:

This user High Fived RS_Raz!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2019, 02:48 AM   #54
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Long as it still rides straight, looks like it took quite a hit

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2019, 05:02 AM   #55
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

I can't ride straight anyways.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #56
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

It's rained all day which makes it difficult to get shit done:

Did manage a couple of bits though.

Adjustable lock stops:

I planned on making some out of aluminium and countersunk bolts but this was quick n easy for today.

Test fitted the tank:

Then decided to start making the front mount for it:

hm. I'll keep working on that. It'll come together. Even if it gets revised.

The engine didn't come with a gearbox breather spigot so I had one turned up:

Not too sure where to go with these holes in the frame:

The hex one is where a fairing would bolt and the round one has a bolt which goes right through the spar and holds a hose mount on the inside of the frame.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 02:48 AM   #57
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Put a sticker over the holes

But really, you move right along, don't you?! Talking about paint colors, I gotta admit that split red and white tank looks awfully sharp to me.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 04:34 AM   #58
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Why didn't I think of that? I could even save money by getting a Sharpie and drawing cracks around the holes to look like bullet holes!! Thanks Shiny.

I have some info about this frame and it would have looked like this:

And I really like the white & red but the wheels are gonna be black (coz white wheels are hard to keep clean and I've got no motivation with cleaning) so I was thinking white tank & tail might look weird without white wheels?

Black looks good too:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 05:12 AM   #59
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

First bike I can remember wanting was an fzr in pepsi colours. If it were me, I'd have to do it like that, even if it meant white wheels.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 06:58 AM   #60
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

I think white wheels look awesome and I was totally gonna go that way for retroness but realistically they will look shit coz they'll be dirty most of the time. Black wheels can (and will) look great too:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes