Daily Street SuMo - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Daily Street SuMo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #91
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Daily Street SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
Custom or off the shelf?
Those are JDM.

There's a lot of cool shit out there that doesn't come to the USA.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #92
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Seems like there's always some crazy shit going on with my projects.

So, I got in touch with someone to dyno tune my bike for the Dynojet PC-5 and custom exhaust install.

I got an e-mail that I could bring in the bike on Friday morning - but I need to test fit the PC-5 and the exhaust. And since I don't have a truck, I'll need to bring the new exhaust into the shop ahead of time. My plan was to ride the bike in, plug in the PC-5 and install the new exhaust before the tuning begins. Then I could ride home after the tune and pick up the OEM pipe later.

Didn't realize at first who the tuner is - but now know he's a 4-time AMA tuner of the year, and Nicky Hayden's former crew chief, etc., etc.

Holy shit! And the price isn't bad.

Well, turns out that I have the same name as this obscure motorcycle racer that also lives in California So, I call the tuner to get a specific time on Friday - and of course, he thinks I'm the obscure racer. He says- "Hey, I know who you are and I know what you do!" So, I said- "Cool! Let's hook it up!"

This has happened to me a few times in the past. I think this racer was big in the 90's, but there aren't many references to him on the internet.

Now comes the bad news.

The tuner says he wants to keep the bike overnight. That's bad for me because I don't have a truck to drop off and pick up the bike.

The other issue is - I know this tuner will tune the unliving shit out of this bike! When I get the bike back, I know the engine will have at least 10 times more wear than I've put on it the whole time I've had it. Not crazy about that idea.

The question now is - do I really need the unliving shit tuned out of the bike? If so, I've got to make a lot of arrangements.

The alternative is to go with the Dynojet AutoTune. If the welder I use is around tomorrow, I'll take the titanium header pipe over to his shop and ask him about welding on an O2 sensor bung.

More info soon.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #93
pineapple
Brhaap!
CF Pimp
pineapple's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:29 PM
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 164 Times in 50 Posts
pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
The other issue is - I know this tuner will tune the unliving shit out of this bike! When I get the bike back, I know the engine will have at least 10 times more wear than I've put on it the whole time I've had it. Not crazy about that idea.
Seriously? Is this just because you think he's a crazy bastard? Or will tuning a bike anywhere and with anyone put a shit load of wear on it? Might make me change my mind of picking up the PCV and get an FMF/Attitude programmer instead.
pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #94
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:29 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

My guess is that the bike will have the wear because it will be tuned to 'Smoker' standards and not just for more pep. I mean if Smoker is making all new bolts from titanium imagine what he's like about his engines. lol
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #95
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Test fitting the new pipe.

The Bracket won't fit. I'll need to make a custom one.

I'll need to chop the skid plate, too.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #96
slipp3ry
Fighter In Training
slipp3ry's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:29 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
slipp3ry is a good noobieslipp3ry is a good noobie

freakin awesome
slipp3ry is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #97
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Well, I figured out that a cheater bracket is used between the muffler bracket and muffler clamp when using the standard muffler (#5).

So, for now- I'm making a cheater bracket, too. Just because this race muffler might not work out. This exhaust system makes increased HP over the OEM pipe - but no one has used this race muffler before.

If the race muffler loses HP, then I can still go for a standard can - so, I'll wait to see what happens, before fabbing up a proper muffler bracket (with NO cheater bracket).
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #98
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Removed the EXUP system.

Added an electronic device that prevents the bike from throwing a CEL on the dash.

Made some room under the battery for storage.

Also took out the cheapo chain roller and put in one with german bearings.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #99
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:29 PM
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

what make is the Can? it looks cool with the blue on it, I'm guessing Titanium?

oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DecepticonDon!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2012, 11:40 PM   #100
pineapple
Brhaap!
CF Pimp
pineapple's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:29 PM
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 164 Times in 50 Posts
pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Link to the new chain roller? Mine is already starting to wear after the last trail ride.
pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes