Daily Street SuMo - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Daily Street SuMo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #31
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:12 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Daily Street SuMo

The next mod really isn't necessary (like most mods ).

Sometimes, I just want to know the exact number - so I added a simple digital tachometer.

It might look like I pushed the number plate forward to fit the tach in there, but I didn't. That's how much gap is already there. The tach fits perfect. It's not even mounted, The number plate holds it tightly.

The tach wires go directly into the OEM wire loom and disappear. No signs of extra wires anywhere. Took my time and did it right.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2012, 02:10 AM   #32
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Love the shape of this aluminum head nut. (Fits in a regular socket.)

Also installed the new handlebar, handlebar clamp/stabilizer, grips, and brake bleeders. Still need some zip ties and other details for this stuff.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #33
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Have a link to where you got the digital tach?
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #34
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
Have a link to where you got the digital tach?
Not sure, I've had it for a few months.

Search under "mini tachometer" - you'll find it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Forgot to mention that I cut down the handlebar by about 3/4 inch on each side.

Making it more fighter-friendly for splitting lanes!

The grips may have been a bad choice. I like the gray color and the white will match the bodywork, but - I only rode once (yesterday) and they turned black from my gloves.

I was able to clean them up good using straight dish soap - but I can't spend 1/2 hour cleaning them every time I ride.

Guess that's why they say- "Once you go black - you never no go back!"

Next mods should be new tail light and turn signals, and modified skid plate. (Don't have turn signals, yet.)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #36
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Had a few extra minutes this morning, and got the folding levers installed.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #37
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Turns out, the airbox mod was well worth it!

Really notice a difference on the freeway. Definitely more responsive and cruises better in the 70-80mph range.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2012, 02:42 AM   #38
pineapple
Brhaap!
CF Pimp
pineapple's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 164 Times in 50 Posts
pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Turns out, the airbox mod was well worth it!

Really notice a difference on the freeway. Definitely more responsive and cruises better in the 70-80mph range.
Awesome.

Oh, part # for the ASV levers please.
pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived pineapple!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #39
razor
Fighter In Training
razor's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
razor is well likedrazor is well likedrazor is well likedrazor is well likedrazor is well likedrazor is well liked

I'm dissapointed in you smoker, you left the ASV on the levers.
razor is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived razor!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
lytew8
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
lytew8 is a NOOB

Can I find one of these bikes up here in Canada? This looks amazing. Is seat height fairly high?

Looking into this asap! Don't want a DRZ400 and dont wanna wait for the new Honda.
lytew8 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes