Daily Street SuMo - Page 40 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Daily Street SuMo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #391
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Daily Street SuMo

If it helps you feel better, my mesh jacket looks fine after going down at around 55mph.

No doubt the leather is more protective, but a big part of safety is being alert. If your overheated and miserable you probably ain't paying attention.

Ride safe, Smoker.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2017, 09:17 AM   #392
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

I low sided at 70 MPH with a fairly long slide in a mesh jacket.

It absorbed initial impact very well and only ripped open at a seam allowing about 6 sq inches of my shoulder to get minor road rash.

The jacket was trash afterwards, but it did its job well.
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2017, 09:04 PM   #393
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Just curious, but what jacket are you using? I've got a "cheap" mesh jacket, though well armored, that I've never gotten hot in. I've ridden in temps up to 115f and been fine. Admittedly just rocking jeans down below, though.
Tried the mesh jacket.

OMG. Miserable Fail.

At work, will post details later.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #394
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Ooh. I'm really hoping you didn't go down..
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2017, 10:23 PM   #395
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Ooh. I'm really hoping you didn't go down..
No. Thanks, bro.

But holy fuck, was it hot!!!

So, it's definitely interesting. The second I pulled out of the driveway, I was pretty sure it was a big mistake.

I don't have any numbers (yet), but when I leave the house, outside temp is about 100F and temp inside my jacket is probably less than 80F. Don't know how long it takes for the inside jacket temp to equal and exceed the outside temp - but for sure it's several minutes.

The mesh jacket was immediately the same as the outside temp and I started cooking right away.

By the time I got to work I was WAY HOTTER than with the all leather jacket. The difference was huge.

My ride to work is less than 1/2 hour. If it was a longer distance, the mesh jacket might be better, not sure.

...Waiting on those ice bags!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #396
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

That is odd. Couldn't understand how any mesh jacket could trap heat until I looked again at the jacket you posted. Looks like air can enter the chest, but can't exit the rear around the solid side panels and back pad.

I couldn't remember what my jacket was and had to look it up. I paid for $40 on clearance at al ocal shop and it came with a winter liner.....for some reason
http://www.rockheadbikes.com/river-r...on-mesh-jacket

The entire jacket is mesh except for the outer strip of the sleeves and the waistband/collar. Even in these pics you can see the backpad. I actually added extra ventilation to the back pad for even more airflow. I will admit, the nylon material should be thicker than it is, but like Casper said before, my jacket did it's job. It's also what I would consider a Euro cut. I hate floppy gear. It's not top notch protection, but it's an option.

I've found this jacket to be noticeably cooler than no jacket at all. It's like riding while carrying your own shade.

Ever considered riding in a pressure suit for really hot days? If I can wear this in the woods and not sweat, it should be plenty fine for the street. Never worn my on the street because it is kinda wild looking. Comfy, though. And great back armor.

This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2017, 04:43 AM   #397
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Fuck me.

I live and work next to the Burbank fires.

Rode home in a blizzard of ash raining down. In that new mesh jacket, dammit.

Record heat today. Probably 110F at my house.

Bike and gear are completely covered with ash. Can't take a deep breath after the ride.

Air filter will get a complete wash & lube this weekend. And the rest of the bike.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #398
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

amazon prime a cooling vest from amazon..

with a mesh jacket its like riding in winter.
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #399
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
amazon prime a cooling vest from amazon..

with a mesh jacket its like riding in winter.
Ordered a mesh vest. Comes with some cooling packs.

Will try to get some properly sized containers that I can fill with water and freeze.

If anything leaks on my clothes, I want it to be water- not that gel shit or blue liquid.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 11:09 AM   #400
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Hate to replace parts that are working perfectly.

But, the anodizing looks like shit from sun fading.

Got some cheap chinese axle blocks.

These people High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes