Daily Street SuMo - Page 41 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Daily Street SuMo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #401
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Daily Street SuMo

not just strip the anodizing and polish, red anodizing will always go pink
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #402
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I've always wondered if there was maybe a UV resistant matte or satin clear that might help keep non-wear/touch items' ano from fading. I suppose getting your old blocks re-ano'd in a hard coat might be viable too

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #403
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:14 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
not just strip the anodizing and polish, red anodizing will always go pink
I was thinking about it, until I saw the new blocks are only $14 shipped for the pair.

Not throwing away the old ones, though.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2017, 07:40 AM   #404
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Somehow, the steering damper came loose.

Took off the bars to tighten it up. Got it all back together and the throttle was sticky. WTF?

Took apart the throttle and found strange wear.

I think the culprit is this nubby. Fits into a hole on the OEM bar. No hole on my bar. Not sure why it was working fine before. Polished up the damaged bar and throttle tube.

Grinded off the nubby, and adjusted the cable to free up the throttle tube. Threw on some new grips while I was at it. Ran out of time. Will put on the bash bars tomorrow. Need to re-adjust the bar, too. Couldn't see shit in my mirrors today.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2017, 08:39 AM   #405
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I think your favorite word is NEW

CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #406
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
I think your favorite word is NEW

Has to be.

6 of my 8 bikes are more than 30 years old.

Bike 7 has an engine over 30 years old.

Bike 8 gets ridden every day.

Building 'em up & breaking 'em down!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2017, 05:33 AM   #407
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got the PolarGel Cooling Vest today, in time to chill it down before work.

It needs to be colder and last longer, although I'm only using 75% of the cooling power. The Leatt collar would press on the upper back cooling pad, so I left it out.

Gonna mess around with it some more. Good for a short trip. Once the ice packs warm up they need to come off. They don't breathe and they block ventilation in the jacket.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2017, 06:40 AM   #408
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Bash bars and handguards on.

Bike is looking and running strong.

Still needs a few things.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #409
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Found a good price on Amazon for Castrol Power 1 (10-40).

Got a 6-pack with free shipping. Probably cheaper than I could buy locally.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #410
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Having some seroius medical shit going on, so I'm stressed out and not sleeping well.

Last night after work, walked out to the bike and couldn't find my key.

Looked high & low everywhere and found nothing. Had to call a cab to get home.

Found the spare key (holy miracle) and cabbed it back to bring my baby home.

Wish it was that easy, but was pretty much up all night fixing my stupidity. If I have a bad day at work today-- someone might end up dead (hopefully not me).

Bad news is, I probably left the key in the bike. Good news is, I always put a lock on the rear wheel.

Will be ordering a new ignition. Glad I haven't cut those spare keys, yet.

Real good news is, the throttle is like a precision instrument after modding/fixing! (I thought it was pretty good when it was fucked.)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes