Daily Street SuMo - Page 45 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Daily Street SuMo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #441
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:38 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Daily Street SuMo

Spark plug was tight and looks right.
Other owners were recommending the Laser Platinum plugs, so I tried.
First new plug I found is OEM style.
Damn! Didn't realize how tiny the Platinum electrode is.

Test fired in the rain. Seems okay, but the problem was intermittant, mixed with good running. Will need a good test ride.

Leaving the body off, so I can clean it tonight. Get it back together tomorrow.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 11:59 PM   #442
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

The plug gap on that iridium plug looks pretty large. it's not just eroded, is it?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #443
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
The plug gap on that iridium plug looks pretty large. it's not just eroded, is it?
I'll check the gap, before I toss it.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #444
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Well, shit.

Can't get the leg over. It's a tall bike.

Didn't like doing it, but... Put the kickstand down and stood up on the left footpeg - then I could get the right leg over. Have to get down, the same way.

Might go for a quick ride later today to check the engine, but not quite ready to ride. Might be hard to put my feet down.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #445
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Gap measured the same .70mm

Test ride today was good. Must have been the plug.

Balanced on one toe and slowly forced the other leg over.

Good to be back in the saddle.
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #446
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

dynotech ecosse, my mates shop, they never use iridium plugs, they give no measurable power diff on the dyno, foul easily and don't clean up like normal plugs. Wullie recommends to his customers not to use them, I'm no expert, but he is, so I trust him on the matter
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #447
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
dynotech ecosse, my mates shop, they never use iridium plugs, they give no measurable power diff on the dyno, foul easily and don't clean up like normal plugs. Wullie recommends to his customers not to use them, I'm no expert, but he is, so I trust him on the matter
was told the same by the guy that does my engines/dyno work

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #448
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:38 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I tried iridiums in my '76 CB750 and it gave the bike a slight rough idle right off the bat. Got hard to kick after just a few rides. They were fouled. Put NGK's back in and it was fine for the next 10k miles. I mentioned it on a CB forum and got laughed at, so I never say anything about iridiums anymore since they're accepted as the hot ticket. Nice to hear I'm not alone on this
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2019, 10:44 PM   #449
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Never understood how a tiny electrode (Even as exotic as Platinum) could generate a large spark?

What would give a bigger arc? A .22 gauge wire with 120vac running thru it or a .8 gauge wire? I rest my case.

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2019, 12:21 AM   #450
Larry02ACR
Fighter
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Well, to be the odd man out, I've run NGK iridiums in my KX250, now a 295 for years without problems. It is what Kawi specs on this bike. I have yet to foul a plug, but I have been rather meticulous on jetting it.

It kicks off within three kicks, even after sitting 4 or 5 months with stale gas in it. Once warmed up it will idle off choke for however long you wish, despite being a MX 2 stroke...

They run about $10, so I generally replace them every time I re-ring it. But I believe the current plug has about 80 hours on it, could be more. I can't say that the old plugs look unserviceable, but it's more the mindset that I don't want to be miles and miles from my truck if there is a break down.

I don't know if it's any better than a copper NGK, but I can't say that it's any worse, except for price.

I put NGK iridiums in my ZR550 (4 stroke) when I rebuilt it, and it seems to be doing just fine. Could be the wallet burn is making me feel warm and cozy...
Larry02ACR is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes