Daily Street SuMo - Page 46 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Daily Street SuMo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM   #451
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:06 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Daily Street SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
Well, to be the odd man out, I've run NGK iridiums in my KX250, now a 295 for years without problems. It is what Kawi specs on this bike.
Since Kawi specs this plug as standard I wonder if something in the ignition system is specifically designed to work with it? My old CB had what was a notoriously weak ignition system so I figured I'd give the Iridium's a chance as it might help the old dog out. Looking back, it may have just exposed that system's shortcoming even more. Perhaps your bike's ignition is hot enough to make good use of them. Kawi obviously thought so.

Been tempted to try them again in the FZ. That bike can eat up a standard plug in about 8k miles.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2019, 05:20 AM   #452
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Started stripping off the crashed parts.

Still moving slow, but made some progress.

Bars took a hit, even with the handguards. Bars are slightly bent, anyway.

Both mirrors are damaged, now. The machine shop hasn't wanted to make me another set. Will try again.

Shifter tip got grinded. Already have the replacement.

Front fender is toast.

Half the titanium footpeg is gone.

Enough for now. More damage to post tomorrow.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2019, 08:56 AM   #453
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:06 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That's crazy how the peg just snapped off.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #454
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
That's crazy how the peg just snapped off.
I read it's very common with these particular footpegs.

They're factory Yamaha for the YZ series, but they're CAST titanium - so very brittle.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #455
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

wow, you went down HARD if you bent fatbars

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2019, 06:45 AM   #456
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
wow, you went down HARD if you bent fatbars
Had thick aluminum bash bars bolted to the handlebar ends and to the forks.

Bent those, too.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #457
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Trying to pull the front end, so I can install the billet triples.

Not sure how to proceed. May be best to purchase a new ignition switch.

Was going cut a slot in the safety bolts with a dremel, but they're recessed into the ignition. Can do it, but won't be easy. Bolts are locktited in, so would probably need an impact driver, as well.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #458
AgentOrange
Aspiring Hooligan
Fighterer
AgentOrange's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
AgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to all

Center punch and drill the heads off? I did that on an old Kawasaki, not sure if the Yamaha has hardened bolts or not. once the heads are drilled out you can get some vise grips on the shank.

Edit:You could also use a screw extractor, same sort of thing but no vise grips needed.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived AgentOrange!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #459
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Second the drill the heads off.
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2019, 05:38 AM   #460
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:06 AM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I did this a couple of weeks ago on an FZR triple, and an FZS. Centre punched, pilot drilled a little and then 1/4" on one til the heads came off and 5/16" on the other (one had M6 & one M8). Then went to wind nuts onto what was left to tack on but they were loose and wound out by hand.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes