NO TITLE/what frames will an xr250l motor fit in???? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > NO TITLE/what frames will an xr250l motor fit in????

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
v1p3r420
Noobie
v1p3r420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
v1p3r420 is a NOOB
Default NO TITLE/what frames will an xr250l motor fit in????

okay so i just got a great deal on a 91 xr250l that runs but i don't have the title(it's not stolen I already checked) and i found a site where i can get an 87 ninja 250 frame with a title for about $250.. but i'm not sure if i want to go that route.

I guess my main question is does anyone have any suggestions on either how i can go about getting a title?
and/or what would be a good frame to put the engine in without having to do MAJOR modifications?(will it fit in any xr frame would)
also where can I find a frame with a clear title for cheap?
(if anyone has a frame w/title that want to get rid of pm me )
I was also thinking about just selling the xr or trading it for a bike that I can register

I can't decide what I should do.....what do you guys think I should do? Any suggestions?????
Thanks,
Josh
P.S.sorry if this is the wrong section(Didn't know where to post it)
v1p3r420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
Spacecataz
GURU
Fighterer
Spacecataz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Spacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to beholdSpacecataz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NO TITLE/what frames will an xr250l motor fit in????

my bike had a salvage title and i went through vermont and ended up getting a clear PA title. hardest thing to do is to get an officer to run a VIN check (cant be stolen). other than that, get a bill of sale (doesnt have to be notarized), your check book and an envelope. took about 2 weeks for me and $84 + whatever it costs to get a title in your state
http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/in...topic=10002.90
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=655441&page=2
Spacecataz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
v1p3r420
Noobie
v1p3r420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
v1p3r420 is a NOOB
Default Re: NO TITLE/what frames will an xr250l motor fit in????

thank you thats a really good idea I never even thought about looking in other states(I figured you needed to live in that state, but i guess in vermont that doesn't matter) I'm in mass and the laws seem similar here, so I am calling the rmv on monday to find out if i can title it here
(is any one familiar with the process in Massachusetts? )

and I looked it up on the rmv site and some other site(the National Insurance Crime Bureau ) and found no record of it being stolen,
so im 99% sure it isn't but how else can i find out for sure? (without having to pay a site like carfax or something?)
should i call the police's non emergency number or the RMV or what?????? and why was it hard to get a cop to run the VIN? did you have to find one willing to run it or????????????
ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Josh

Last edited by v1p3r420; 04-27-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added another question
v1p3r420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!