Project: The Duke. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Project: The Duke.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
huzbum
Noobie
Local Time: 05:56 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
huzbum is a NOOB
Default Project: The Duke.

When I told a friend I re-built my daily rider out of 3 scrap bikes, he told me I could have his old junker ninja that he couldn't fix. My daily rider is an 83 honda ascot, so I'm not really used to the stance on these bikes and it hurts my wrists (carpel tunnel problems)

Being that I got the bike for free and it was already pretty rough, I didn't have a problem doing something crazy to it... so here is what I've done so far...

huzbum is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:56 PM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: Project: The Duke.

will the carbs/filter still fit? you will certainly have a low CG
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
huzbum
Noobie
huzbum is a NOOB

I don't have the filters for it yet, so I don't know if they will fit, but the carbs will fit no problem and I'm pretty sure there's room for the pods I want. This should actually make them 10x easier to get out. Which is good because I'm new to bikes and I'm messin with the carbs all the damn time...

heh, never thought you'd see a ninja low rider huh? I think it'd look sweet with the same size tire on the front as the back, but I'll wait till I see how it handles, and till that one wears out.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:56 PM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

ummm, interesting

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
TigerR6
The tiger man
CF Lover
TigerR6's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:56 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TigerR6 is really niceTigerR6 is really niceTigerR6 is really niceTigerR6 is really niceTigerR6 is really niceTigerR6 is really niceTigerR6 is really niceTigerR6 is really nice

Something new thats for sure, cant wait to see how it turns out in the end.

You can call me Mr. Stripes..

R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009
TigerR6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

hahaha ninja chopper! nuts. i once saw an old steel frame gsxr1100 with the arse end dumped and bobbed, actually pretty fuckin cool....
looks nuts. bob it

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #7
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

you should rake out the front end!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #8
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
hahaha ninja chopper! nuts. i once saw an old steel frame gsxr1100 with the arse end dumped and bobbed, actually pretty fuckin cool....
looks nuts. bob it
dude, the gsxr's ALWAYS had aluminum frames

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2008, 03:29 AM   #9
huzbum
Noobie
huzbum is a NOOB

I'd love to, but a budget for this project doesn't happened to exist. A taller front tire (when the time comes) is as far as I can afford to go.

I put a little bit of time into it today. Got the locations for most of the parts figured out. Still gotta decide on locations for the brake and coolant reservoirs. I found a good spot for the brake fluid res, but possibly going to delete the coolant res.

Been thinkin about how to secure the tank. A lot of people probably won't get it, but I'm thinking it would be fitting to cut all the tangs and brackets and shit off and just hold it down with a bungee chord.

On a side note, I sat on it today. With that bracket removed it's actually going to be a pretty comfortable position, as there is nothing obstructing your nuts... speaking of which... how common are carb fires on bikes?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #10
huzbum
Noobie
huzbum is a NOOB

I put the carbs back on. Runs better... still not great, but can't expect much with no filters and this cold weather. maybe tomorrow (later today actually) I'll secure everything and take er for a test ride.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes